“A Find”

Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Lords Valley
“A Find”
Reviewed May 14, 2013

Ammodonstro has a lovely outside garden where we wanted to eat. It was a little too chilly so we ate inside. The decor and service were both very good and the meal outstanding The waitress was cheery and charming
We started with a barley and bean soup which was different than the spelt soup we usually try. It was excellent and served the way we like it, piping hot. My wife had the ravioli bolognese, the first bolognese dish she has had in Lucca. She loved it.
I had the osso bucco which was so tender it fell off my fork. I couldn't stop my wife from snitching bites she liked it so much It was the best osso bucco I've ever had.
We will probaly try to get there again before we leave Lucca.

• Visited May 2013

• Turkish first
Roma
“Great food and service”
Reviewed April 1, 2013

One of the few places in lovely Lucca that cater for those on a gluten free diet like our little girl. The food was great (the soup with chick peas/ceci and black cabbage/cavolo nero was fantastic winter fare) as was the service. I'd recommend booking in advance.

• Visited March 2013
Key Largo, Florida
“Wonderful reccomendation”
Reviewed January 1, 2013

Given to us by Deobra the wonderfuk real estate agent thatngotmusnthe apartment we are staying at Lucca, Italy. greatabffod..great service..family owned..mother is hostess, son is the chef ...agluten free menu available...modern decor and with a lot of,light...my speltz pasta was delicious....my husband had the bolgnese ragu and it was delicious too...ee reccomend it..

• Visited December 2012
NYC
“We liked it a lot”
Reviewed December 19, 2012

The B&B where we stayed suggested this restaurant..we arrived In late November with a list of restaurants to try, not realizing that many close for the winter starting in Nov. it was very, very good. Cute and modern and brightly lit. My husband and I shared a big fresh salad with tuna, he had goose beast which he loved and I had just a vegetable plate...spinach and roasted potatoes. Staff were very, very pleasant. Would definitely return.

• Visited November 2012
Telford, Shropshire, UK
“Courtyard is ace.”
Reviewed November 19, 2012

You enter an attractive, modern restaurant but as you look through to the rear you realise the best is yet to come for the Ammodonostro's trump card is its delightful rear courtyard garden where it was even warm enough to sit out during our visit in late October. This goes some way to explaining how this restaurant has made it into the top ten for in other respects we found the place was only really average. Certainly when we visited there was nothing you could call atmosphere despite the advantage of its setting and I put this down to the waiting staff who created nothing and merely put plates on tables. That isn't service and I refuse to reward it. A good waiter creates atmosphere but there was none of that here. The menu was interesting, the food was good but not excellent. When you run a restaurant in a small town with another 240 other restaurants I'm guessing it may be dangerous to take your eye of the ball.

• Visited October 2012