“Outstanding hosts made for a memorable visit to Lucca”
Review of La Mimosa

La Mimosa
Ranked #24 of 173 Lucca B&B and Inns
Reviewed February 2, 2014

La Mimosa was every bit as nice as other guests have described though I'm surprised by comments about small rooms. I stayed in Glycine, a pretty and comfortable room just the right size and with a perfectly equipped bathroom also of a good size. All this and a good breakfast at such a reasonable price.

I'd like to add to the many comments on the helpfulness of the owners, Giuseppe and Stefano. On my last day in Lucca, heading back to the B&B to pick up my bag, I tripped and fell. I woke to find myself in hospital with concussion and memory loss. When I eventually remembered the B&B, it was already some hours later when hospital staff contacted them.

Giuseppe and Stefano, who had been about to call the carabinieri, rushed to the hospital to find me. During the week I was in hospital they called daily and visited several times, despite having to care for guests and show Giuseppe's visiting brother around.

As I knew nobody in Lucca their care and concern made all the difference. Let alone that they were entertaining and sympathetic visitors. When it came time for me to leave the hospital, they picked me up and drove me to the station where Giuseppe helped me get the ticket and board the train.

I was and am still overwhelmed by such generous and exceptional help. Thank you again Giuseppe and Stefano, I hope to stay at La Mimosa again and can only give it the highest recommendation.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo
2  Thank LauraPatricia
There are newer reviews for La Mimosa

Reviewed October 21, 2013

We walked from train station on main road by old city walls. Our rooms were very nice and comfortable, decorated with flair. Breakfast was plentiful. Best of all was close location to old Lucca and free bikes for riding city walls. Owner was very helpful as we planned our drive with car we rented two blocks away. Highly recommend this B&B to all.

Room Tip: Our room was noisy from cars on street. Not sure if any faced the back.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ReeSue
Reviewed October 3, 2013

We generally enjoyed our stay at La Mimosa. The staff were excellent; friendly, helpful and engaging. The breakfasts were excellent too and it was great to be offered a second cup of coffee or cappucino. We had asked for a room with twin beds to ensure a good night's sleep with minimal exposure to snoring. However that was a mistake. The room, called I think, Rosa, was small, cramped, awkward. One of the beds was very hard. The bathroom was fine, nicely updated but without an area to lay out our personal items.
The price was reasonable and included the use of bicycles which we took advantage of to ride around the walls. All in all our experience here was positive. We would stay here again but ask for a different room.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank billybaggins
Reviewed September 16, 2013

An excellent choice for your stay in Lucca.
It is a nice small B&B close to the old town. The B&B has bikes available for its customers for free.
The owner, Giuseppe is very friendly, I recommend following his tips on restaurants.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed August 3, 2013

Lovely b n b , clean and quiet. Owners very helpful and served up a lovely breakfast this morning! We arrived tired and dusty after pounding the streets of Lucca for hours and were made to feel very welcome. The rooms were spacious and the beds clean and comfortable. En-suites compact but clean and all linen was fresh.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 31, 2013

We had a great time, wonderful place, free bikes, superb service. The rooms were excellent, and the free wifi was very fast. Our host, Giuseppe, was very kind and welcoming. I recommend this place to anyone thinking of coming to Lucca.

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank julia5870
Reviewed July 18, 2013

We stayed here for two days in June 2013 during a short trip to Lucca. The hotel is conveniently located near the medieval city centre. It's perhaps a 5 minute walk to the gate in the city wall.

The staff is exceptionally friendly. We arrived just on time to make it before they close at night but we were welcomed warmly and there was no rush through the check-in procedure. On the contrary, we also received a lot of very good recommendations about what to do and what to see.

Our room was basic but clean, so was the bathroom, and the bed was very comfortable. Our room faced the street, so there was a bit of noise from the traffic outside - but only with open windows.

Breakfast was served in a small room. It had all the basics and the guys prepared espresso, hot chocolate etc on the spot.

If you arrive by car, there is free parking 100 metres down the road.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple