“Pleasantly surprised...”

Ranked #9 of 21 Hotels in Livorno
Germany
“Pleasantly surprised...”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 13, 2012

We weren't expecting anything too flash for the price, it was more about having easy access to Pisa for a few days. It is perfectly located across a roundabout from the train station, less than 5 min walk. We were greeted by a friendly receptionist who showed us to our room (something we've never experienced before in Italy). The room itself was perfect for a few days, it was a good size and very clean. The en suite bathroom was also good size and had the most amazing shower!

My only gripe is that because there are no carpets along the corridor or in the rooms it emphasises any noises that are made along the corridor. I know the maids have their jobs to do but they were dragging chairs across the floors, reminding me of nails down a chalkboard, and chattering out in the hallway when I was still trying to sleep.

We didn't have breakfast at the hotel as we wandered over to the station to eat before getting the train into Pisa. We did try a pizzeria a short walk from the hotel on the same side of the road around 200m towards the town centre - A Tutta Pizza. On the walls of the shop there are many certificates and awards for their pizzas, it's easy to understand why - they were really, really good.

Would I recommend it... Yes
Would I stay here again... Yes but would bring earplugs as I couldn't cope with the noise again

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Rosco_Peeps

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Rome, Italy
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2012

Very nice hotel, big room with a small bathroom and a balcony, to be honest I didn´t expect so nice and cozy room for the price we paid, so I was positively surprised. :)
The lady at the reception was very nice and helpful, she also gave us an umbrella when we were leaving the hotel and it started to rain.
The location of the hotel is perfect for those who travel by train, because it is in front of the railway station.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Philadelphia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 22, 2012

I stayed for 3 nights in June 2012. The hotel is right across the street from the train station, about a 5 minute walk. Very clean, helpful staff that spoke good English. It was early June and the air conditioning was not yet turned on, so sleeping with the windows open was a challenge - very noisy. I'd suggest requesting a room that is not right on the street.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 3, 2011

My wife had an accident in Florence while touring the city, she had to be hospitalized and operated. Friends suggested this hotel, not only because of he proximity to the Hospital she was admitted, but for its top rating.
When I first registered, I was impressed with the professionalism and courtesy of the front desk staff. They spoke very good English, although in my case it was not important, because I do speak Italian. The rooms were comfortable and very clean, and their housekeeping was done on a daily basis by some hard working ladies.
Continental breakfast was served promptly on a daily basis, starting at 7:00 AM, with a good selection of bread, pastry, coffee, milk, tea, chocolate, fruit juice and mineral water.
I would definitely recommend this hotel to any of my family and friends. In fact, my wife and I are thinking about coming back to Livorno, and we would for sure stay at this hotel.
Congratulations to the owners, and good luck to the staff. You did a wonderful job, Thank yhou.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank Missionlivorno
Gold Coast
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2010

We were searching for somewhere to overnight before catching the Corsica Ferry next morning. The Hotel Stazione is a 3 minute walk across from the station and was clean, comfortable and well priced. They organised the early morning taxi and opened the breakfast early so we could eat before leaving. They have a bar downstairs for drinks and snacks. Excellent place to stay if just seeking a good bed for the night. Had a superb feed at the L'Ascaro restaurant nearby.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Oz_WandererGoldCoast
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 22, 2009

2 min walking from the Rail Station. Staff was very professional and friendly .
price-quality very good.

Stayed September 2009, traveled solo
1 Thank simon0571
Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 6, 2007

If you are travelling by train, this hotel is perfect right across the street from the station. A very nice room but you better like hard beds. The bed was hard as a rock as were the pillows. Did not find much worth seeing in Livorno.Breakfast was typically Italian. Best part of Livorno is its proximity to Pisa. Makes a great day trip.

• Stayed October 2007