“From cruise ship to Florence to Pisa”
Review of Tuscany By Taxi

Tuscany By Taxi
Ranked #4 of 12 Transportation in Livorno
Toronto
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 65 helpful votes
“From cruise ship to Florence to Pisa”
Reviewed September 12, 2013

I booked this car transfer ahead of arriving in Florence. As we got off the cruise ship, our guy was standing there with all the other taxi/transfer guys with my name on a sign. We had 6 adults and 1 baby. The van he drove us in was a Fiat. It was pretty crammed for 7 people. When I booked the car transfer, I was told the van would have air conditioning. Let me just say, there was no air conditioning. It was 30+ degrees and it was so hot in the van that we had to open the windows. We literally had beads of sweat dripping off our forehead.

In addition, in my prior correspondence with the company representive, before arriving in Florence, I was promised a set price. I don't know why the guy driving the van had the meter going. I know he can shut it off if he wanted to because he did that when he dropped us off from one place and picked us up later. Anyways, it made my car ride very uncomfortable because I didn't know if he was going to try to change the price after the fact. I guess I could've asked but he was a man of few words and barely spoke any English. In any case, I had my email printed off to back up the price in case he was going to argue with me. He did not, thankfully and we paid him the agreed price.

I understand that we requested a car transfer and not a tour guide, but the driver barely spoke 10 words to us for a span of 8 hours. Which also made the car ride very awkward.

Dispite it all, the driver took us to the places we wanted to see. We wanted to see Florence and Pisa and that is what he did. So if you are simply looking for a car transfer, then this company is for you. However, if your looking for a comfortable ride and a spunky driver to take you places, I would not use them.

Visited September 2013
4 Thank IL0veVacays

Hilton Head, South Carolina
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Great way to see Florence”
Reviewed October 4, 2012 via mobile

We discovered The taxi service when trying to get to the train station. There were 6 of us going to Florence and for not too much more than roundtrip train fare, we hired the cab for the day. The driver was friendly and took us to sites we'd never thought of going to. He gave us a quick orientation of the city and was waiting on us right on time later that afternoon. Highly recommended!

4 Thank Mark N
panama city
283 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 305 helpful votes
“Had a Wonderful Tour!!!!”
Reviewed July 15, 2012

We got off the ship at 7:30 and guide from Tuscany by Taxi was waiting for us with a sign.It was about 1 and 1/2 hours to our stop in Florence. Since it was early , he took us to see a city view and then he dropped us off at the Duomo until 3:OO. We walked to the Accademia because we had pre-purchased tickets to see David. We were inside in 15 min and stayed for about 30 min. Next we walked to Santa Croce. We saw the tombs of Galileo, Michael Angelo, Dante and a few others. In the back of the church there is a leather school. We bought beautiful leather items and they put our initials on them.We walked back to the Duomo and toured the church for free. Don't miss the Baptistery across the street. It is also beautiful inside.The driver picked us up and drove us to Pisa to climb the leaning tour. Afterwards he showed us a tour of his city Livorno. This was a beautiful drive along the beaches. We had a great day with Tuscany by Taxi and I would highly recommend them.

Visited June 2012
4 Thank travelwithmisty
ottawa, on
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“Left Standing at dock”
Reviewed December 6, 2011

Arriving at the port of Livorno on a cruise ship, our group of 8 expected to be met by a driver from Tuscany by Taxi. Our frustration and disappointment soared as we realized that all our fellow passengers were being picked up as planned and we were left standing. Until I see the company rep. holding a sign with my name I am always a bit nervous. However this is the first time my anxiousness has come to fruition. Yes indeed there we were over an hour from the city of Florence with no way to get there. Back on the ship a phone call to the company was answered by a machine. Another curse for the traveller! Fortunately we were able to nab a local driver who agreed to take us. Upon arriving home I contacted the company and did receive an apology with an explanation that there had been changes in staffing and the result had been our missed appointment. While that is, I suppose, understandable, it is unacceptable for a company which provides this type of service. Visitors from a foreign country, arriving as we did, depend on companies such as Tuscany By Taxi to be there when we arrive. That is exactly why we make reservations ahead of time. If I wanted to leave my day to chance I would not have bothered researching while still at home. Advice? Expect the unexpected. Confirm and re-confirm. Make sure you have contact information. But in the end we are at their mercy. Research, research, research on sites such us this. Even then- be prepared to change your plans at the drop of a hat. Flexibility is key. Given our experience I cannot recommend this company.

Visited November 2011
6 Thank KatieVM
Hamilton, Canada
37 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 76 helpful votes
“Great professional taxi service!”
Reviewed June 23, 2011

We were recently on a cruise in Europe, and were stopping in Livorno for the day. We were looking for a company to bring us up north to Cinque Terre, and then drive us back at the end of the day. While searching online I discovered "Tuscany By Taxi". So we booked a driver for that day, for a much more reasonable price than other companies we looked into.

The driver they sent, Alessandro, was very kind and helpful! He picked us up on time, gave us information to get around the Cinque Terre, and then met with us at the end of the day to go back to our ship. I do believe the company does tours as well, but all we required for that day was a driver to and from the port so we could wander around ourselves. It was a wonderful day in Cinque Terre, one of the highlights of our cruise!

Great company, professional service.

Visited June 2011