β€œBook It - It's Wonderful!”

Shore Excursions in Italy - Day Tours
Ranked #6 of 35 Tours in Livorno
More attraction details
Owner description: We are a Limo Company based in Rome Italy providing Shore Excursions from the main ports (Livorno, Civitavecchia, Naples, Messina, Venice) since 1988. We drive brand new Mercedes A/C Vehicles, driven by expert multilingual driver-guides, who will show you all the most interesting places.
Reviewed November 2, 2013

We joined a small group for a one day excursion to Pisa, San Gimignano & Florence and using the tour company made it all so easy. Our driver, Massimo, actually lives in Florence, so he knows the area well. He was totally accommodating and gracious -- all the right skills to handle tourists. And it was wonderful to leave the driving and parking to him - it made it all so easy.

This was our first time in the area & I wasn't sure that we could reasonably do everything listed on this tour. Massimo managed to get us to Pisa in the morning, San Gimignano for mid morning and Florence for lunch and afternoon -- and none of it was rushed. What's key is to find a group with the same interests as yours -- and to work with a first rate company, which Shore Excursions is. On these special days the driver/guide makes all the difference. We will use this company again - and in other ports.

10  Thank MichiganCookies
There are newer reviews for Shore Excursions in Italy - Day Tours

Reviewed October 6, 2013

Marssia I hope I'm spelling your name right.we wanted to say thank you for our wonderful tour of Florence Pisa and Livorno.Your knowledge and love for your cities is great and we are so glad you shared it with us.To all who want to visit we highly recommend you to use Shore Esxcursions in Italy.Marssia was professional acomadating knowledgeable and just awesome! Thank you Marssia we will never forget our time in Italy!! The Rainone FAM California USA and Chavez FAM Mexico

5  Thank Gloria R
Reviewed October 4, 2013

In planning our shore excursions for our Mediterranean cruise, I couldn't find exactly what I wanted with the ship's offerings. So I followed the advice from some friends and contracted with "Shore Excursions in Italy". We were so happy that we did! Although they have a suggested itinerary, we were able to customize it to our wishes. Working with Monica was so easy. She was always so prompt in answering my many emails.
Mauro, a handsome young man with excellent English, was full of information and was just wonderful. We were picked up promptly at 8:00am and driven in a new Mercedes to Pisa, then had a drive through the Tuscan countryside with a quick stop at an olive oil processing place. Then on to Florence where we were taken directly to a site which overlooks the city. Tickets were purchased for us in advance so we didn't have to stand in line to see "The David" in the Academmia. Other sites were seen and then we were driven to the Ponte Vecchio where there is wonderful shopping. We were given a choice for lunch as to whether we wanted to have a sit-down leisurely lunch or have a quick lunch. We opted for the quick lunch so we could have more time for shopping. Mauro took us to a wonderful place to have pizza that was sooooo good. At the end of the day we were taken to "the best gelato place in Italy". Yes, it was. We got back to the ship in plenty of time.
We also booked Shoreexcursionsinitaly.net for our stop in Naples. There, too, we had a wonderful day at Pompeii, Sorrento, and Positano. I will always take private tours whenever I can and I will definitely take Shore Excursions in Italy whenever we go back there. After researching other companies and having experienced another company in Rome, I feel confident in knowing that we chose the best and most professional company. An added bonus was that the private tours cost less than the ship tours, and we weren't on a bus!!!
Donna

13  Thank NonaDonna
Reviewed October 3, 2013

We enjoyed our half day private tour of Pisa and Lucca. Our driver as safe, helpful and on time in a comfortable mercedes van. The driver was a driver first, and guide second. In that I mean we got some very basic highlights of each sight, but not much more and this was fine for us. However, for those with more interest in the sites you may find the tour lacking detail. I got the impression the driver had a pre-rehearsed script and was simply repeating what he'd learnt. We asked a few basic questions (very basic history) and didn't really get a reply.

So, it was a lovely tour and suited as we are more interested in walking around looking than studying the details, but for those with more 'in depth' tastes you might want to ask the company for a knowledgable driver as I felt our driver was just scratching the service.

All in all a lovely day - but again, check the type of guide you want.

6  Thank JUDITHbristol
Reviewed September 27, 2013

We booked three tours for three different ports in Italy through Monica. She helped us plan exactly what to do as well as pre purchase tickets or make reservations so we did not have to wait in line. Our tour guide, Ricardo, was awesome. He was extremely knowledgable and really cared about us seeing Italy. We felt completely safe as we toured and we would absolutely use them again if we return to Italy. I highly recommend them to anyone visiting Italy.

5  Thank Michelle Y