“Amazing seafood! Best food we had in Italy!”
Review of La Lupa

La Lupa
Ranked #100 of 619 Restaurants in Livorno
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
New Haven, Connecticut
“Amazing seafood! Best food we had in Italy!”
Reviewed April 2, 2013

After visiting the Tower of Pisa, we thankfully decided to skip the tourist trap restaurants around the attraction and instead drove 20 minutes to Livorno. It's just a fishing town, but it's where we had THE BEST meal of our entire tour of Italy!
La Lupa, a family business now run by a brother and two sisters was bursting with hospitality, tradition, and warmth. And ohmigod the seafood!!!!! Screaming fresh and lovingly prepared. They have a mixed seafood stew with 5c's in the name that is one of the BEST meals I've ever had, period. (And I've had my share of fancy business dinners all over the world.) And the prices were on par with what I'd paid at crummy pizza joints in more touristic areas!
This place was a hands down gem. Definitely look forward to making my way there again!

• Visited March 2013