“Amazing View”
Review of Blu Bar

Blu Bar
Ranked #51 of 57 Restaurants in Fiesole
Reviewed March 31, 2015

I have to say I am little surprised at the majority of the reviews of this lovely little bar. We spent a morning sightseeing in Fiesole and it was a lovely warm sunny spring day. Having worked up a thirst we looked around for somewhere to enjoy a lunchtime drink. There were a few bars / restaurants in the main square but the majority were just off the main road with no apparent view. The Blu Bar however had an amazing panoramic view of Florence.

What more could you want but to sit and chat and have a nice relaxing drink whilst taking in the view. I admit we didn't try the food but the two drinks we had were not overpriced and the service was very friendly and quick.

In all we spent a very relaxing couple of hours taking in the views and enjoying each other's company before taking the very short walk to the nearby bus stop for the trip back to Florence. If it's a nice day, give this place a try.

Reviewed January 11, 2015

Yes I knew this would be a tourist trap going in. My husband didn't want to go in but it was a warm day, we were thirsty and a bit hungry so I thought we could enjoy the view and an iced coffee and maybe a light snack. There were only about ten other customers on the terrace so not a super busy day/time.

How wrong could you go with iced coffee and a salad? Well, pretty wrong apparently. I ordered the iced coffees in Italian and also pointing at the menu. The waitress brought two hot chocolates and when I nicely told her it wasn't what we ordered, she got defensive and started arguing and almost shouting at me. Finally she took them away and brought what we wanted but she let it be known she wasn't happy about it.
The salad was terrible, it was like someone took a bagged salad that had been in the fridge for too long and chucked a few feta cheese cubes and pitted black olives over it. My husband ordered a small pizza which was not too good, probably frozen.
When I paid the bill another woman who seemed to be the owner or the manager chased me out the door saying I still owed more money…even though I paid the amount on the bill. There was then a loud episode of her shouting at the waitress, the waitress to give her credit was trying to explain that she had made a mistake…it was a gong show. I paid the extra couple of euro and we left. The waitress actually followed me out saying "sorry madam".

Just don't bother. See the view from somewhere else. All this was forgotten when we popped into a fruit shop just up the street called Celli Carla, at Piazza Garabaldi 2, what a friendly and super pleasant woman was serving in there. Lovely produce too.

1  Thank Paulalovestotravel
Reviewed October 8, 2014

Sit outside and view the trees under a shade awning. We had a late lunch of creamed smoked salmon on pasta and mushroom risotto. Service was good, prices reasonable.

1  Thank mjrg59
Reviewed October 1, 2014

Me and our friends entered the outdoor space with a good view but it took our waiter about 15 minutes to notice us and expected us to order incredibly fast. When the food finally came it was very boring and bland the desert was okay but the rest was quite disgusting. As I was walking to the bathroom I saw one of the staff carrying frozen pasta off towards the kitchen!!!! I would definitely say stay a way and do not go in!!!!! Overall the food was lousy and processed the service was bad and would not recommend going.

1  Thank William F
Reviewed September 18, 2014

Yes, it will take a few minutes to get your server's attention. Yes, it will take a few more minutes to get your drink order in....so relax and enjoy the view. Seriously.
If you are running for the bus - tell him.
If you are super hungry, tell him. Otherwise, enjoy the lovely view.
Enjoy the terrace filled with French, German, Italian, and more visitors. Enjoy the hikers undressing from their backpacks - the bikers from their helmets.
This is like bar in Grand Central Station - everyone is coming and going and service takes a few minutes.
The food is not my favorite in town but if you missed the lunch hours - the salads are fresh and local. The cocktail buffet offerings are lots of fried - peanuts are hard to ruin and they go great with my Prosecci (more than one).
This is one of the only places in town with a view, cocktails and treats all day - so they will be in service long after we all are gone....that's why they don't have to rush.
Smiles always help....tipping helps too - they remember you. So if you are visiting for a week or so....smile when you order and when you tip.