I took my boyfriend here for 3 nights for his 30th birthday and had a wonderful stay apart from the first day. We arrived after our flight being delayed for 3 hours and our baggage being badly damaged and ready to relax! The receptionist took us all the way up a winding path to the little chapel and got inside the room and discovered it was the wrong room and guests clothes were in there! After waiting outside for 20 minutes they eventually came back and showed us to the right room in the main building. Later that night we had a 20 minute wait (we asked 3 waiters for menus) just for a drink. i was upset and the receptionist was extremely nice and couldnt do enough. The next day they upgraded us to the Michaelangelo suite (2100 euroes a night) and the meal in the restaurant that night was exceptional. The setting is beautiful - breaktaking view over florence, gorgeous pool and overall good service. Dont go there without money to spend. They booked us in to museum and added a heft booking fee ontop! Great shuttle service to and from town.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A short distance from the centre of Florence, Belmond Villa San Michele is housed in a 15th-century monastery with a façade designed by Michelangelo. It is surrounded by a large, wooded park and lush terraced gardens boasting magnificent views of the city and the Arno Valley below. The 45 bedrooms and suites are simple, peaceful and elegant while the Renaissance splendour of Florence is a mere 15 minutes away with the complimentary shuttle service, running every 20 minutes. La Loggia Restaurant provides a unique dining venue where guests can enjoy their lunch or dinner, based on Italian and Tuscan cuisine, while admiring the view over Florence. For a light lunch or a snack, the Pool Restaurant, situated directly by the hilltop panoramic swimming pool, is the ideal place. For food lovers, the renown Cooking School offers hands-on lessons to learn how to prepare the best Italian specialties. A Kids' Club and a dedicated Kids' Concierge are available to make the stay of younger guests truly unforgettable. The new Davanzati Room offers privacy and tranquillity thanks to its exclusive location, and a spacious terrace with a view for small banquets, cocktails and coffee breaks. Ideal for hosting meetings, launches and presentations, it also serves as a space for banquets for up to 100 people. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Belmond, Agoda and Expedia so you can book your Belmond Villa San Michele reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Villa San Michele By Orient-Express Hotel Fiesole
- Hotel San Michele
- San Michele Hotel
- Belmond Villa San Michele Fiesole, Province Of Florence, Italy