I absolutely loved this hotel. I've stayed in some of the loveliest hotels in Italy, and I can say without question that Villa San Michele was my favorite. Firstly, the setting is remarkable, the views stunning, and the vibe, utterly charming. We had just spent the last week at the Lungarno and we'd heard of the Villa's lush scenery. From the minute we arrive we were treated as if we were the only guests there. We were given the utmost of attention by all the fabulous staff who consistently made it their business to ensure we have everything we needed to make our stay comfortable. Everyone who worked there, from Managers to waiters to housekeepers were incredibly friendly and lovely. The food was impeccable (yet pricey), and the rooms were large and comfortable. I should mention that the design of this Villa is not at all modern. It's very modest and old world, but very clean and charming. They also have free internet in the rooms and ALSO outside in the gardens! This hotel certainly isn't cheap, but if you want to treat yourself even for a couple of nights, you will not be disappointed! This is PERFECT honeymoon hotel!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A short distance from the centre of Florence, Belmond Villa San Michele is housed in a 15th-century monastery with a façade designed by Michelangelo. It is surrounded by a large, wooded park and lush terraced gardens boasting magnificent views of the city and the Arno Valley below. The 45 bedrooms and suites are simple, peaceful and elegant while the Renaissance splendour of Florence is a mere 15 minutes away with the complimentary shuttle service, running every 20 minutes. La Loggia Restaurant provides a unique dining venue where guests can enjoy their lunch or dinner, based on Italian and Tuscan cuisine, while admiring the view over Florence. For a light lunch or a snack, the Pool Restaurant, situated directly by the hilltop panoramic swimming pool, is the ideal place. For food lovers, the renown Cooking School offers hands-on lessons to learn how to prepare the best Italian specialties. A Kids' Club and a dedicated Kids' Concierge are available to make the stay of younger guests truly unforgettable. The new Davanzati Room offers privacy and tranquillity thanks to its exclusive location, and a spacious terrace with a view for small banquets, cocktails and coffee breaks. Ideal for hosting meetings, launches and presentations, it also serves as a space for banquets for up to 100 people. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Belmond, Booking.com, Priceline, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Otel and Odigeo so you can book your Belmond Villa San Michele reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Villa San Michele By Orient-Express Hotel Fiesole
- Hotel San Michele
- San Michele Hotel
- Belmond Villa San Michele Fiesole, Province Of Florence, Italy