A true Italian classic. San Michele does not wow you with opulent rooms nor does it have amazing facilities however it has romance in abundance. If you want flashy or brand new with gym facilities, this place is not for you.
We had a garden suite which had its own garden overlooking florence. The rooms are a good size but not flashy (of course with an italian price tag). What you get here is career staff who really know how to treat you. We were looked after by Vittorio and his staff like nowhere else before. The restaurant in the summer overlooking the lights of Florence is spectacular. The food again is classical but excellent. The whole place oozes charm, from the frescos inside to the beautiful lemon garden. Having a bellini on the lawn at sunset is one of my favourite memories. It offers the perfect launch pad to visit Florence without being stuck in the sweltering heat of the city.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A short distance from the centre of Florence, Belmond Villa San Michele is housed in a 15th-century monastery with a façade designed by Michelangelo. It is surrounded by a large, wooded park and lush terraced gardens boasting magnificent views of the city and the Arno Valley below. The 45 bedrooms and suites are simple, peaceful and elegant while the Renaissance splendour of Florence is a mere 15 minutes away with the complimentary shuttle service, running every 20 minutes. La Loggia Restaurant provides a unique dining venue where guests can enjoy their lunch or dinner, based on Italian and Tuscan cuisine, while admiring the view over Florence. For a light lunch or a snack, the Pool Restaurant, situated directly by the hilltop panoramic swimming pool, is the ideal place. For food lovers, the renown Cooking School offers hands-on lessons to learn how to prepare the best Italian specialties. A Kids' Club and a dedicated Kids' Concierge are available to make the stay of younger guests truly unforgettable. The new Davanzati Room offers privacy and tranquillity thanks to its exclusive location, and a spacious terrace with a view for small banquets, cocktails and coffee breaks. Ideal for hosting meetings, launches and presentations, it also serves as a space for banquets for up to 100 people. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Amex, Booking.com, Expedia, Belmond, Agoda, Priceline, Odigeo and Travelocity so you can book your Belmond Villa San Michele reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Villa San Michele By Orient-Express Hotel Fiesole
- Hotel San Michele
- San Michele Hotel
- Belmond Villa San Michele Fiesole, Province Of Florence, Italy