What a way to stay in Florence! Sitting under the arches of the al fresco dining area, and looking at Florence below, is worth whatever exorbitant price the hotel usually charges for anything. We were extraordinarily well looked after by everyone. The general manager greeted us twice, and all the staff remembered us by name. The pool area is wonderfully laid out and serviced, and the breakfast, served in a magnificent indoor dining room, is literally the garden of plenty. The only criticisms are: beds are super old, mattresses feel like planks of wood. Also, internet service is spotty, as is cell phone reception. But maybe it is all for the best, keeping in character with the hotel's monastic past. Please experience this hotel - it is a wonderfully relaxing time warp, despite some shortcomings.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A short distance from the centre of Florence, Belmond Villa San Michele is housed in a 15th-century monastery with a façade designed by Michelangelo. It is surrounded by a large, wooded park and lush terraced gardens boasting magnificent views of the city and the Arno Valley below. The 45 bedrooms and suites are simple, peaceful and elegant while the Renaissance splendour of Florence is a mere 15 minutes away with the complimentary shuttle service, running every 20 minutes. La Loggia Restaurant provides a unique dining venue where guests can enjoy their lunch or dinner, based on Italian and Tuscan cuisine, while admiring the view over Florence. For a light lunch or a snack, the Pool Restaurant, situated directly by the hilltop panoramic swimming pool, is the ideal place. For food lovers, the renown Cooking School offers hands-on lessons to learn how to prepare the best Italian specialties. A Kids' Club and a dedicated Kids' Concierge are available to make the stay of younger guests truly unforgettable. The new Davanzati Room offers privacy and tranquillity thanks to its exclusive location, and a spacious terrace with a view for small banquets, cocktails and coffee breaks. Ideal for hosting meetings, launches and presentations, it also serves as a space for banquets for up to 100 people. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Belmond, Expedia and Agoda so you can book your Belmond Villa San Michele reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Villa San Michele By Orient-Express Hotel Fiesole
- Hotel San Michele
- San Michele Hotel
- Belmond Villa San Michele Fiesole, Province Of Florence, Italy