VillaSanMichele is a gem. From the moment we entered the building to when we drove off, it was flawless. At the check-in, the receptionist showed us couple of room alternatives and ended up upgrading us. The room that we stayed in had a wonderful garden.
We had both lunch and dinner in VillaSanMichele, which were great. Especially the dinner is a true gastronomic experience with a lot of flavors, and a huge wine list. Again next morning, the breakfast was amazing, loads of very fresh. very delicious stuff, it was hard to refrain myself from overeating.
Pool area is absolutely stunning. So calm and relaxing.The hard thing is to choose between staying in the pool for the entire day vs going to Florence.
Indoor spaces are full of character. A lovely, lovely place. we will definitely go back there. In my review i always add some negatives to balance the review out a bit but it is very hard to find a negative about this place.
Please keep it as it is forever!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A short distance from the centre of Florence, Belmond Villa San Michele is housed in a 15th-century monastery with a façade designed by Michelangelo. It is surrounded by a large, wooded park and lush terraced gardens boasting magnificent views of the city and the Arno Valley below. The 45 bedrooms and suites are simple, peaceful and elegant while the Renaissance splendour of Florence is a mere 15 minutes away with the complimentary shuttle service, running every 20 minutes. La Loggia Restaurant provides a unique dining venue where guests can enjoy their lunch or dinner, based on Italian and Tuscan cuisine, while admiring the view over Florence. For a light lunch or a snack, the Pool Restaurant, situated directly by the hilltop panoramic swimming pool, is the ideal place. For food lovers, the renown Cooking School offers hands-on lessons to learn how to prepare the best Italian specialties. A Kids' Club and a dedicated Kids' Concierge are available to make the stay of younger guests truly unforgettable. The new Davanzati Room offers privacy and tranquillity thanks to its exclusive location, and a spacious terrace with a view for small banquets, cocktails and coffee breaks. Ideal for hosting meetings, launches and presentations, it also serves as a space for banquets for up to 100 people. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Belmond, Orbitz, Travelocity, Priceline, getaroom.com, Cancelon and TripOnline SA so you can book your Belmond Villa San Michele reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Villa San Michele By Orient-Express Hotel Fiesole
- Hotel San Michele
- San Michele Hotel
- Belmond Villa San Michele Fiesole, Province Of Florence, Italy