Villa San Michele is an Italian landmark, which has worldwide fame. The famous house-museum is located on the outskirts of Florence, near Fiesole.
The exact date of construction of the house-museum is not known, but most scholars are inclined to think that construction began in the first half of the 16th century. At that time, the monastery, which became the foundation for the house-museum has been expanded and completely renovated by Giovanni di Bartolomeo. In 1980 the company «Orient-Express» started a large-scale reconstruction of the building: the work of employees were involved in the Museum of Fine Arts in Florence. In recent years, much attention is paid to the state house-museum is not small money spent annually on the repair of complex Villa San Michele.
It allows the guests to the house-museum, and stunning, the hotel, enjoy the cultural heritage and the real beauty of this magnificent building. The refined architecture Villa San Michele stressed the magnificence of the landscape: the tandem formed by nature and tenderness, while at the same time, the grandeur of an architectural masterpiece. In this regard, the park at Villa San Michele, plays an important role in this composition. Statues, entwined with ivy and moss-covered, are scattered in the garden. The number of objects in the park, executed in marble, stone, mosaic is approximately six hundred fifty-five. Composition of wood, metal, ceramics and textiles - were about six-thirty. Such is the nature that surrounds one of the most popular tourist destinations in Italy. It is worth noting that all these songs, did not meant to attract the interest of visitors: each sculpture - a work of art, with its history, created by craftsmen of different eras, "living" in the Villa San Michele for many years.
Today, the walls of the house-museum expositions of various ages, from antiquity to the early 1900s, classical antiquity - Roman, Egyptian and Etruscan. There are archaeological details and frescoes.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A short distance from the centre of Florence, Belmond Villa San Michele is housed in a 15th-century monastery with a façade designed by Michelangelo. It is surrounded by a large, wooded park and lush terraced gardens boasting magnificent views of the city and the Arno Valley below. The 45 bedrooms and suites are simple, peaceful and elegant while the Renaissance splendour of Florence is a mere 15 minutes away with the complimentary shuttle service, running every 20 minutes. La Loggia Restaurant provides a unique dining venue where guests can enjoy their lunch or dinner, based on Italian and Tuscan cuisine, while admiring the view over Florence. For a light lunch or a snack, the Pool Restaurant, situated directly by the hilltop panoramic swimming pool, is the ideal place. For food lovers, the renown Cooking School offers hands-on lessons to learn how to prepare the best Italian specialties. A Kids' Club and a dedicated Kids' Concierge are available to make the stay of younger guests truly unforgettable. The new Davanzati Room offers privacy and tranquillity thanks to its exclusive location, and a spacious terrace with a view for small banquets, cocktails and coffee breaks. Ideal for hosting meetings, launches and presentations, it also serves as a space for banquets for up to 100 people. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Belmond, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Booking.com, Expedia, Cancelon, getaroom.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA and Hotel.de so you can book your Belmond Villa San Michele reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Villa San Michele By Orient-Express Hotel Fiesole
- Hotel San Michele
- San Michele Hotel
- Belmond Villa San Michele Fiesole, Province Of Florence, Italy