“Simply PERFECT”

Belmond Villa San Michele
Ranked #1 of 11 Hotels in Fiesole
“Simply PERFECT”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2012 via mobile

We stayed there for three nights before moving for a couple of nights downtown in Florence. We wish we could still stay there, what a shame! We are really missing everything, the location, the food, the swimming pool, our wonderful junior suite in the gardens and the delicious breaksfasts every morning in our privace terrace. But most of all we miss the staff! The service is simply perfect and we felt like being hosted by our family. Everybody was constantly taking care of us 24/7. We have never felt so pampered in a hotel and we use to travel a lot. We definitely recommend this hotel if you are looking for the right place to relax during a city break, you have both the city and the feeling of being in a resort plus the complete relax. We will come back soon!

Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
Edinburgh
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 17, 2012

We had a wonderful time at the San Michele, my husband was a bit worried when we started up the hill and thought oh no where are we going but he was gobsmacked when we arrived - the views over Florence were amazing.
Our Garden suite was also amazing as were the staff especially Paulo he couldn't have done anymore for us. All the staff were very good - very attentive and pleasant, we will definitely return.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 15, 2012

For a very long time, I've dreamt of spending a week in a Tuscan villa taking cooking classes. On my recent trip traveling with my 19 year old son, that was not an option. After researching online, I saw the cookery class at Villa San Michele. Look at the photos online. What you see is exactly what you get. I think even better. Although I was not a hotel guest for more than a few hours, I was treated with the utmost kindness and sincerity. As I was waiting for the class, the General Manager, Marco Novella, came over and introduced himself handing me his card and offering his assistance should I need anything. Nice touch! As for the cookery class, it was one of the highlights of my trip. I had a great time while learning to cook three typical Italian dishes (traditional Tuscan panzanella, Fiesole potato dumplings with fresh tomato and basil, tirami su') taught by a super chef of Europe. Chef Attilio Di Fabrizio was so kind and seemed to be genuinely interested in making sure that we had a successful experience.

After the class, while waiting for lunch on the loggia, we were offered drinks which hit the spot on such a warm day. My son and sister joined me for lunch and were served the same meal that I had prepared in the class along with a beautiful wine. We all thought it was the most delicious lunch that we had while in Florence. The service was impeccable. I hope to return and if so, I would love to stay at Villa San Michele. The short time I spent there will always be remembered fondly. It wasn't a week in a villa, but I felt like I was living my dream. A sincere "Thank You" to everyone at Villa San Michele for making my short time there so special.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Congleton
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 15, 2012

My wife and I stayed for 10 days at this beautiful hotel in a junior suite. The hotel, being an old monastry is quite unique, it's position in the hills gives a fantastic view of Florence from the balcony of the room, from the pool, gardens, bar and restaurant. However, the most memorable point has to be the quality of service. From the welcome as we arrived through to leaving All the staff,from front desk to housekeeping were exceptional. Friendly, helpful, polite, professional. Can't praise them enough. We have stayed at several 5 stars in the same Orient express chain, and this had the 5 star quality with something extra made by the quality of service.Truly beautiful hotel with exceptional staff and management. A gem

Room Tip: The delux suites have slightly better views than superior suites.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank George H
MNovella, General Manager at Belmond Villa San Michele, responded to this review, September 17, 2012
Dear George,
Thank you very much for staying at Villa San Michele! It was a great pleasure for us to share your long holiday with you and all the staff looks forward to welcoming you and your wife soon.

Crans, Valais, Switzerland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 10, 2012

Haven of peace and tranquility
Impeccable service and attention
Good cuisine
Exceptional building, history and environment
Enjoy Florence in style
Have no reserves about wholeheartedly recommending this establishment - a dream of a location and perfectly run and managed
You will do hard to find a better location to get away from it all, relax and enjoy

Room Tip: We had a suite near entrance of hotel complex Independant and ideal for couple with small child
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Jeremy,
It was a pleasure for us to have you our guest and we look forward to welcoming you back very soon!
Thank you for taking your time to write about us.

Bath
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 8, 2012

We spent four days at this stunningly beautiful hotel in the hills above Florence and couldn't recommend it highly enough. The loggia restaurant (breakfast, lunch and dinner) has breathtaking views out across the city and the Duomo. A great place for relaxing (pretty terraced gardens lines with lemon trees and geraniums) after a day of sight seeing and its elevated and sheltered position provides a welcome relief from the heat of the city. The swimming pool on the top terrace was a massive hit with my seven year old daughter (and husband!). Staff couldn't have been more welcoming, friendly and engaging and the hotel is very family friendly.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Dear Liz,
Thank you very much for your kind words. We are delighted to learn that you and your lovely family had a wonderful time in Florence. Our aim is to make the most of all the family members' stay!
Please come back soon.

New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2012

I spent four memorable days at the Villa San Michele in Fiesole, Italy. Why unforgettable? I had a suite overlooking the garden with a two hundred and thirty year-old wisteria vine still in bloom outside my window; a terrace table looking down on a jewel-lit Florence for my superb dinners; afternoons in the Fitness Room or the heated infinity pool to work off the rich cuisine; strolls in the scented garden before cocktails. How does one say it but perfection. A brief visit by hotel car to clogged Florence had me beating a hasty retreat back to my heaven on earth. We are promised in the Gospel a mansion in the celestial home of angels and saints. The Villa San Michele makes the transition easy: from one paradise to another.

Room Tip: A garden room
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Joseph_Roccasalvo
MNovella, Direttore generale at Belmond Villa San Michele, responded to this review, August 6, 2012
Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for your lovely words! It was a huge pleasure to have you with us for a few days. We are delighted to learn that you truly enjoyed your stay with us and we are very much looking forward to welcoming you back soon to paradise!

Marco Novella
Also consider these accommodations in or near Fiesole
San Marco
Il Salviatino
#87 of 421 in Florence
Ville sull'Arno Hotel
#16 of 421 in Florence

Been to Belmond Villa San Michele? Share your experiences!