Pensione Bencista
$104
  • Breakfast included
Villa Miralunga B&B(Fiesole)(Great Value!)
$114
Fattoria Di Maiano(Fiesole)(Great Value!)
$129
Residence Fiesole(Fiesole)(Great Value!)
$114
$110
Orbitz.com
Fattoria di Poggiopiano(Fiesole)(Great Value!)
$84
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of $97/night.

$144
$135
Priceline
Savings alert! 15% below average rates

The price you found is 15% lower than this hotel's average rate of $158/night.

Casa Torrini(Fiesole)(Great Value!)
$103
Bed and Breakfast La Martellina(Fiesole)(Great Value!)
$75
B&B.it
$1,900
$1,712
All reviewsthe busfixed menuoverlooking florencefamily run operationold world charmglass of winepastamodern hotelwatch the sunsetcommon areasa wonderful place to stayquiet placewonderful viewsmall townrooms are comfortablesurrounding hillsvisit florence
Reviewed November 12, 2012

We stayed at the Pensione Bencista in late September while attending a wedding. After flinging open my wood shuttered windows to a spectacular view of rolling hills, olive groves and Florence in the distance, all I kept saying was WOW! Bencista is a warm and inviting family run business. I felt like I could have just stayed and explored all the various sitting rooms and stairways and nooks and crannies for days. The decor is perfect, the food is authentic and delicious and all of the staff were attentive and accomodating with any requests we had. The rooms were all unique and had varying features. Wi-Fi was available but the signal wasn't always easy to find/keep. The rooms were clean and spacious. The bed was a little on the 'firm' side for my tastes and was low to the ground and moved easily on the wood floor, but it did not hamper the enjoyment of my stay. This is not a chain type hotel and you will not find a flat screen TV, mini bar or coffee maker in your room. It is quiet, rural, and absolutely charming. Aside from day trips into Florence, the lovely Etruscan town of Fiesole is just up the road and worth going to see. There's a small market there on Saturday mornings, as well as an interesting archeological museum and church. We walked there once, but I would recommend taking the 5 minute bus ride instead, as the road is narrow, steep and has no sidewalks.
I loved my stay at Pensione Bencista and happily recommend it!

Room Tip: All the rooms are unique in size and decor. Even if you don't get a room with a view - the views from the lobby terrace can't be surpassed! Be sure to visit the Etruscan town of Fiesole just up the road.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank Danmeri
Reviewed November 7, 2012

This is the place I dream about all year round! Imagine a wisteria -covered terrace overlooking the hills of Florence, sipping perhaps a glass of chilled Prosecco before a leisurely homemade dinner. Followed by the best night's sleep in a country house style bedroom - lovely cosy chintz and antique furnishings. Add the warm and friendly owners, the beautiful gardens - and the next day, Florence - this is paradise!

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank katharine j
Reviewed October 28, 2012

I am one of a group of people who stayed at the Pensione Bencista on the recommendation of the bride whose wedding we were attending in Florence. Her judgement is excellent. The Pensione is set on a hillside over looking Florence and its rustic, even rural ambience is a soothing counterpoint to the hustle and bustle of busy Florence and its marvellous sites. Our rooms were comfortable, the service is friendly, the atmosphere is 'family-like' and the food was very good. And all of this at a reasonable rate. I recommend this hotel enthusiastically and look forward to returning.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 21, 2012

This is a gorgeous place, very relaxed and it feels like coming home every evening after looking at the wonderful treasures of Florence. The breakfast is good and the dinner is marvellous. It is really wonderful to be in such a lovely house, in the country and not surrounded by traffic and masses of people. The dogs are very friendly and definately bilingual. The bus ride back and forth is quite pleasant as you feel part of the place with local people. The management are very nice and we felt very welcome. Wish we could have stayed longer.

Room Tip: View is more expensive but we were very happy in our room as we were saving money.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Elizabeth H
Reviewed October 17, 2012

If you want to experience true Italian hospitality and real Tuscan food and accomodation then stay at Bencista. Staying at Bencista is like staying with your Italian family - the warmth, the food, the views and the whole experience is for me simply the best. We stayed there on our honeymoon 13 years ago and again recently with our 2 kids and nothing has changed (apart from the spa!). For me it is was the highlight of our trip - the views from the terracce are outstanding and just so peaceful after a busy day in Florence. The dinner is also a highlight as we share the family meal with the daily menu - this is very economical (Beatrice - put your prices up for meals - did I say that!) and delivered with love. Simply perfection for me. Dont come hear if you want standard 5 star hotel experience - but do if you want an authentic tuscan experience.

Room Tip: be aware there is no air con so I think it would be hot in the summer. Rooms with view of Florence are outstanding Bring mossie repellant - nets on windows but they dont suffice!
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family