“Seriously amazing food!”

Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Ontario, Canada
“Seriously amazing food!”
Reviewed July 31, 2014

Wow... blown away. Best meal I had on my Italian vacation. Had the wild boar in chocolate sauce -- sounds rather gross, but was so so so so soooooo good!!!! The kitchen is at the front of the restaurant so watched the chef prepare food while we were waiting for a seat, and got to thank her on the way out. Yummmmmm!!!!

1 Thank Vic_Canada1

Tallahassee, Florida
“Quintessentially Tuscan!”
Reviewed July 25, 2014

Last night I ate at Il Vegitariano and quite enjoyed it. Tonight my husband and I are returning to I Polpa for the third time in two weeks. While I enjoy the opportunity to have the wonderful local vegetables one sees at the markets, but has such a hard time finding in restaurants, our meals at I Polpa always include cinghiale and coniglio or lepre......and the wonderful local vegetables, as well. This place absolutely has it all.
For starters, it is located in beautiful, non-crowded Fiesole and quite near the Piazza Mino where the #7 bus stops. It is absolutely charming aesthetically and the staff is grand. This place exudes everything one could want in a memorable meal in Tuscany. As an added perk, the opportunity to watch the lovely matriarch in action in the kitchen is a joy to behold.
I Polpa is not to be missed!

Sydney, Australia
“Wild Boar, Anyone?”
Reviewed July 24, 2014

This was a first for me, but the stew of wild boar with pine nuts, raisins and chocolate, served with spinach, that we had at I'Polpa was delicious! As was the bruschetta we had beforehand and the gelato afterwards. The service was very friendly and helpful and we would have liked to linger, but the road was being closed at 8.30 for a bike race so we had to skedaddle. This place would be very cosy in the winter when a stew would be more suitable, but we loved it even in mid-summer.

Livingstone, Zambia
“Great food, great service”
Reviewed July 17, 2014

This is an authentic Tuscan family run restaurant with tasty food and wonderful service, worlds away from the tourist traps in Florence and other restaurants in town. Everything we ate was delicious and we enjoyed it so much the first night, we went back again for another meal. The waitress and staff were incredibly helpful and made us feel like old friends when we went back. Don't stuff yourself in Florence, go and enjoy and genuine meal here.

• Visited June 2014
Bowral, Australia
“A cosy little gem”
Reviewed July 13, 2014

We were very happy with the service in this tiny, family run restaurant. Fiesole has some great places to eat, and this is one of them, with authentic Tuscan food. The meals were delicious, and the young waiter very friendly, with suggestions for us to try unusual regional dishes. It seems a very popular local restaurant, and no wonder. Very generous servings, with a very warm and welcoming atmosphere.

• Visited June 2014