“Much admired Cafetiere!”

Neighborhood: Duomo
Durham, United Kingdom
“Much admired Cafetiere!”
Reviewed January 4, 2014

I saw this beautiful, unique 'Chiaroscuro' cafetiere in the window of this busy coffee shop on my first walk around Florence, and thought 'I'll come back and get that later'. Then I thought that I might never find this shop again, and went straight in and bought it! My friend bought a quick coffee in this atmospheric cafe, which he enjoyed, but I concentrated on my purchase. I have used the cafetiere at least once a day since my Florence visit last April, and it makes two espresso cups per time - perfect for an Americano! The cafetiere is much admired by my friends and family, and I await my next trip to Florence when I can buy another one.

• Visited April 2013

• Korean first
  • Polish first
Corvallis, Oregon
“Best place for coffee and hot chocolate”
Reviewed November 18, 2013

Great bar for a quick espresso and hot chocolate in a variety of flavors. Our favorite morning stop.

• Visited October 2013
Little Rock, AR
“Very good for a quick bite”
Reviewed October 5, 2013

We had just arrived in Florence off the train from Venice. Room wasn't quit ready and our friend at the hotel suggested this place. Glad he did because it was well worth it. The staff was very friendly and explained things to us at the counter. We had the pork and mixed veggies. It was all very tasty. The pork was flavorful and not dried out. It was a plateful for a modest price. We may have to go back and get take out.

• Visited October 2013
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Great Apertivo”
Reviewed September 4, 2013

Our favorite apertivo spot in Firenze was at ChiarScuro. An amazing spread of pasta salads, cheese, meats, sandwiches and spreads. Good red wine and strong negroni's. I don't understand how this concept hasn't caught on in the states yet. This place is basically a coffee shop by day, but in the late afternoon they start assembling the apertivo buffet. Anything that hasn't sold that day is offered up for free when you buy a drink. A great place to meet up with friends before heading out for the night. Lots of locals and a very fun scene.

• Visited May 2013
Florence, Italy
“Relaxed cafe”
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Nice and very friendly staff and great food which is also very reasonably priced. Always a nice spot for lunch. Very central but still a lot of locals, not just tourists.

Visited August 2013