“Really nice for relaxing of taking a quick espresso”

Chiaroscuro Firenze
Ranked #12 of 58 Coffee & Tea in Florence
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: Duomo
Reviewed June 27, 2013

Great little Caffè offering cheap and DELICIOUS espresso and capuccino at the counter or a nice ambiance in their pretty decorated rooms. They even sell the different paintings hanged on the wall. We went there every morning for a quick café. I really recommend it!

There are newer reviews for Chiaroscuro Firenze

Reviewed June 15, 2013

This was one of my highlights this Spring while in Florence. You would not find more helpfull staff any place and you will find the experience something special.

Reviewed June 13, 2013

I saw some recommendations on here for their aperitivo so one night while nearby we decided to stop in. It costs 9 euro for a drink and then you can eat from the buffet. There were a decent amount of options with a couple of pasta dishes, couscous, orzo, roasted vegetables, small sandwiches, spreads, and a few pastries (I'm sure I'm forgetting a few other things). Most of the options were vegetarian which worked out good for my wife. The food wasn't amazing but still tasty and definitely worth the money. It got crowded pretty quickly so I would suggest stopping by earlier if possible. The service wasn't particularly pleasant but you'll have minimal interaction with them if you get the aperitivo.

Reviewed June 9, 2013

Nice little authentic italian cafe with a clientele of locals and tourists. Good selection of food and snacks. We were looking for a place off the beaten track where the staff would be patient with my italian. This place was good because although they did speak English, they didn't immediately launch into English when I started to order, which I find so frustrating when I want to use my Italian. Nice relaxed atmosphere, choices of salatones and paninis, stuffed croissants, pastas and salads, amongst other things. A tip - you order and obtain your food before sitting down, then there is a waiter/waitress service at the table for drinks. You pay for it all when you are finished at the cashier on the way out. The prices were very reasonable - we had two salatones and three drinks, the price came to 14 euros, compared to earlier in the day, a surly and low grade cafe in the touristy area who charged us 18 euros for two croissants and three coffees at breakfast. Will definitely be returning to Chiaroscuro during our stay.

Reviewed May 10, 2013

It's a nice place to have a cup of coffee with their cornetti or croissants; with lots of food selections from cold appetizers to pasta but what i dont like is.......overcrowded!