“Defition of overhyped”

Ranked #840 of 2,786 Restaurants in Florence
Cuisines: American, Italian
Dining options: Lunch
Neighborhood: Duomo
Description: This is not like many people thinking, just american food, here you can find italian pasta so fresh... Because we have kitchen....you dont trust when the people have pasta WITHOUT Kitchen, is old pasta, and not fresh. We have salad, and our ingredients are only italian.
Reviewed September 23, 2013 via mobile

I don't get the hype on this place, basically every other sandwich I had in Italy was better. I got the prosciutto with arugula, tomato, and tuscan cheese which was essentialy a bread sandwich with ONE piece of meat on it. I had to remove the top piece of bread just to get a taste of anything. My wife's sandwich was no better. I guess its popular with students because its very cheap, however I'd gladly pay an extra euro or 2 and get something much better. Throw a dart and you'd find a better sandwich shop in Florence.

There are newer reviews for The Oil Shoppe

Reviewed June 27, 2013

The Oil Shoppe is awesome. They offer an extensive menu, from which you order by number, and every sandwich can be customized. The pesto is one of the best i've had in all of italy! i always get the number 4, with apples too. paninis are inexpensive, from 3-5 euro each, and are ridiculously filling. a good spot of students, but it's a MUST TRY !!!

1  Thank NYinFlorence
Reviewed June 21, 2013 via mobile

When my girlfriend and I stopped here for lunch we were not disappointed. It had a ton of option and was as customizable as a typical American restaurant. It also probably helped that everyone in shop was American (patrons and staff alike). The food was tasty and overall it was a great value. Got some good recommendations from some students studying abroad too and they had tons of cool day trips being advertised, worth a stop.

Reviewed May 11, 2013

It has the best subs, meat balls and salads in town, they are fresh and delicious and the service is really good. You can't miss this place!!! Thank you Andrea for your great service and food :)

Reviewed May 11, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I were doing laundry on vacation when we looked across the street for a snack. We just had two cappuccinos and salad but it only came to 8 Euros and it was really tasty! Salad was large and tasted fresh! If you are looking for a quick meal at a good price then check it out!