“Wonderful!”

Ranked #82 of 411 Hotels in Florence
i-luv-to-eat
“Wonderful!”
Reviewed June 13, 2012

The managers are wonderful. We arrived via rental car, and after finally finding the place were stressing about dropping bags and then finding parking as well as finding our way back to Firenzesuites on foot. The manager had called the garage and they arrived to take the car away - which was such a big relief! The garage also brought the car back at check-out. The managers were very helpful with maps, recommendations, directions. The "hotel" is small - maybe more like a B&B. The rooms are beautiful; breakfast is delivered to your room based on your desired delivery time - and is very generous. We were shown the available rooms and allowed to choose - all are very spacious! The location is excellent - walking distance to everything. We hope to return!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank i-luv-to-eat

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Turkish first
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed May 27, 2012

I recently stayed at Firenzesuite and really enjoyed my stay. This is another small hotel - about 6 rooms. The location is central - about a 10 minute walk to the Duomo. The rooms are enormous by European standards and include clean and well-appointed bathrooms, a dining table and a seating area, as well as a small but well-stocked kitchenette (probably would be difficult to cook full meals -- it isn't a condo). The beautiful frescoes are a nice touch. Breakfast was served in room and was exceptionally prompt for the requested time-basically to the minute (they even served us 30 minutes before breakfast hours one morning so we could catch a train). The breakfast was tasty and expansive: coffee, pastries, toasted ham and cheese sandwiches, yogurt, nutella, hard boiled eggs, orange juice and apple tarts -- it was more than any one person could really eat. The manager was helpful with restaurant suggestions. My only complaint was the mattress was a bit firm, but pretty typical of Europe.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank pghchi
Milford, Connecticut
Reviewed May 23, 2012

Absolutely loved and recommend 100%! The place had a bed and breakfast vibe, but still allowed for privacy (no sharing meals etc.). It was little more than a block from the Duomo and a short cab ride from the airport or train station. The husband and wife who own this wonderful hotel were friendly, knowledgable and helpful. In fact, I managed to loss my passport on the train from Venice and arrived in tears...the owners called the consulate for me and generally calmed me down. The breakfast was excellent...fruit, croissants and chocolate filled pastry, "toast" (a ham and grilled cheese) and lots of jellies, cheeses and Nutella. The bathrooms were modern and clean and the rooms were huge. There is nothing like waking up in Florence and seeing an amazing frescoed dome ceiling overhead! I truly loved this place...great for families, honeymooners or anyone looking for a relaxed, beautiful place to stay.

Room Tip: Suites are a tiny bit bigger and have a fridge and a shared private garden.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed April 13, 2012

Quite simply this place is the perfect base for a stay in Florence. Apart from being located in a great spot (close to Duomo and David) We had a beautiful, comfortable and surprisingly spacious room and were well looked after by the friendly staff. I would definitely recommend Firenze Suite.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Paris, France
Reviewed February 15, 2012

I highly recommend this hotel for all the people who want to visit Firenze.
The couple in charge of it is very nice and helpful. They serve the breakfast in the room and exactly at the time you ask for it !
The rooms are beautifuly decorated and very calm.
I went there at the begining of february and it was really cold, so I was happy to come back every night to this warm place !
And since it was the off season they offered us a very good price for the room ( half the normal price !)
The hotel is located 5 min by foot to the duomo so it's very central and convenient.
I didn't use the transport at all because I could walk to all the sites.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Anne-Sophie B
Swansea, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 13, 2012

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay at this beautiful yet unpretentious hotel, located a short walk from all the major attractions. The hotel is superbly run by a young couple who were very very helpful to two novices to the city, despite having a very new addition to the family. This attitude is in stark contrast to the jaded outlook seen in many tourist resorts. This would be our first choice hotel if (when) we visit Florence again.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
Indianapolis, Indiana
Reviewed February 6, 2012

This property is marketed online as a "elegant luxury hotel" when it's a Bed and Breakfast at best.
The location is good, but that is all you get for the pretty lofty price you pay.
The owners have no concept of customer service and are extremely nosy. As soon as I sat down the lady gave me the third degree on why I was in Florence, what type of job I did, insisted to know what specific product I marketed and even asked me when I was planning on having a child! I am from Italy, so I am quite used to Italian small talk, this was just rude.
Every request we made (wireless, plug adapters etc) was met with " we will have to see if another guest doesn't need it). The list is too long to write, but I think the thing that bothered me the most was that the owners would use their key to get in our room anytime we were gone for dinner without letting us know. They would get in our room and remove the wireless router if they needed it for another guest (or for themselves- they live in the "hotel") or for any other thing they needed. Cleaning is not done on regular times, but rather throughout the day: they come in and out of your room when you are gone, as they please.
My parents were staying there at the same time to help us and the owner even had the nerve to leave her two children with my mom for her to watch! She simply showed up with a DVD and left the kids with my mom for over 2 hours.
After all of this, they didn't even have the decency to offer us a discount: instead, they charged us for an "extra bed" that was never mentioned in the reservation. The owner went online during checkout and verified that nowhere it was mentioned that I would be charged an extra bed for every night I was there since I had booked a suite. Nevertheless, I still got charged for over 150 Euros that I had never agreed on.
HORRIBLE service. I will NEVER stay there again. This is in no way a hotel. Do not stay there if you have any expectation of customer service. You will get ripped off.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family