Tripadvisor
Florence
Post
Inbox
Search

“SCAM ALERT FOR TOURISTS”
Review of Caffe Scudieri

Caffe Scudieri
Ranked #79 of 151 Coffee & Tea in Florence
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: San Giovanni
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We decided to bought a Panetone for 30 Euro at the Caffe Scudieri for our familiy christmas event. For that price we expected a good quality product! After one week storage in normal conditions at home, the Panetone was full of mushrooms. Very disappointing for that price. So please especially tourists be aware of this location.

Date of visit: November 2019
caffescudieri, Direttore at Caffe Scudieri, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear customer,
We were very sorry to hear that our Caffè and products didn't meet up to your expectations.

Unfortunately, as three months have passed since your visit to our Caffè it is impossible for us to now to investigate your complaint. Moreover this is also the first complaint we have received this year regarding our panettone.

Our management team together with our staff are always available to look into any complaints or negative feedback continuously strive to give the best possible service and products to ur clientele.

I therefore ask that you, and other clients, please let us know immediately if you have any complaints or negative feedback to share with us, so that we can immediately investigate and rectify any complaints.

The direction

Write a reviewReviews (1,545)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

First, let me say I have no issue with paying a premium for being in such a beautiful spot. The cafe is next to the Baptistery and if you are sitting in the right spot you can see the Duomo and during the Christmas season you will have a perfect view of the large Christmas tree in the piazza.

We had been to this cafe many times for drinks before dinner and we were always happy with the experiences. The drinks were fine, they offered small bites and the service was very nice. But-our last time at this cafe was December 2016-clearly-things have changed.

So-when we decided to go for breakfast on Christmas day I expected a high bill but I didn't expect dry pastries that tasted stale, mediocre breakfast panini and bitter cappuccini. This is Florence-there is no excuse for any of that. You can get good food at the simplest cafes-you should be able to get decent pastries and coffee at a place like this.

Service was, as usual, very nice. I would certainly return for drinks-but not bother for much else.

I do wish management would upgrade the food-such a beautiful spot should offer more than just ambiance-good food would be nice. This is Florence.

Date of visit: December 2019
caffescudieri, Direttore at Caffe Scudieri, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear customer, thank you very much for your review, we are glad you have had a pleasant time here with us and we will do our best to ensure that it is always like this. We try every day to make our service impeccable, as well as the products we offer. Your comment will surely help us.
We hope to see you soon!

Reviewed December 21, 2019

A fine location, especially in the rain, even a downpour, when you can gaze safe and dry at the Baptistery a few yards away. It looks expensive, so you’re ready for that. But I was not ready for the cocktails to be not only expensive, but watered down and worthless. The canope’, as this was happy hour, were horrendous, even the chips as stale as stone. I had one canope’ of salmon tartare on bread which I only noticed was last week’s after swallowing. The salmon, of the same antiquity, had me fighting burps for the next hour. This place is totally awful.

Date of visit: December 2019
caffescudieri, Direttore at Caffe Scudieri, responded to this reviewResponded December 31, 2019

Dear customer, thank you for your review. We are really sorry for your sad experience. We try every day to make our service impeccable, as well as the products we offer. Your comment will surely help us.
The direction.

Reviewed December 13, 2019 via mobile

I always seem to end up here when visiting Florence. We stopped in the late evening as we were passing for a late night cappuccino and some pastry. We sat at a table, which I know costs more but we are rarely here. The service was good, though the waiter seemed a little annoyed by my bad pronunciation of Italian terms (I’m certainly not a native speaker!). The cappuccino was nice and the pastry tasty. The establishment is very tidy and a pleasure to visit. I will be back.

Date of visit: December 2019
caffescudieri, Direttore at Caffe Scudieri, responded to this reviewResponded December 16, 2019

Dear customer, thank you very much for your review, we are glad you have had a pleasant time here with us and we will do our best to ensure that it is always like this. We hope to see you soon!

Reviewed November 14, 2019

I stopped in here twice for desserts and everything I had was very good! I got the tiramisu twice and panna cotta was delicious. Loved all the pastries and cookies as well. It was a little confusing the first time on how to order but you go to the counter in the corner, order and pay, then take your receipt back to the cases of pastries and let them know what you got. Everything was able to be packed to go unless you wanted to sit and pay for table service. It can be extremely crowded with the location to Duomo.

Date of visit: October 2019
caffescudieri, Direttore at Caffe Scudieri, responded to this reviewResponded November 19, 2019