“Good inexpensive food nicer interior and garden ”
Review of Trattoria Nerone

Trattoria Nerone
Ranked #757 of 2,787 Restaurants in Florence
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Santa Maria Novella
Reviewed June 28, 2016 via mobile

On via faenza, looking from the street not impressive but the inside is nice it ha nice garden. A good variety . We ate a pasta a pizza a vegetable soup and. An assortment of antipasti all good.

Date of visit: June 2016
Write a reviewReviews (2,012)

Reviewed June 27, 2016 via mobile

We stumbled upon this restaurant, which is located just off the main touristy streets, while making our general way towards Florence's main train station. The prices seemed reasonable and the staff, although perhaps a little too keen to encourage you to sit down, could be forgiven as our experience on the whole was very positive.

My partner ate spaghetti carbonara and I was recommended a special beef steak dish from the grill section of the menu which came with potatoes. Had we not already eaten pizza for lunch, I'm sure we would have tried some here as I noticed other customers with delicious looking thin crust pizzas which seemed to all cost 10 Euros or less. As it turned out we had 4 drinks and our two main meals for just over 40 Euros all in, which didn't seem too pricey given the location.

The food was pleasantly tasty, the staff attentive and the restaurant is much larger than you think with different seating options available, both inside and out.

All in all, only losing a star because the poor English skills of our waitress made ordering difficult (perhaps this isn't fair as maybe we should really be better Italian speakers but my own knowledge is very minimal and we heard plenty of English speakers in Florence and indeed also in the restaurant during our visit).

Well worth a visit!

Reviewed June 20, 2016 via mobile

I ate here with my wife and 4 yr old. Great food my wife had a chicken salad and son grilled chicken. I had the steak which was great the waitress showed me the exact weight before cooking it as it was minimum 700g and 40euro a kilo. The steak was very tasty indeed charred on tge outside and i would say rare to blue inside. Very very tender indeed.

Wine was good value and overall meal was good value. Great decor in and out.

Staff were average we had to flag them down for drinks and the girl that served us could not muster a smile at any point.

Would certainly recomend for the florentine steak as was superbly cooked.

Reviewed June 19, 2016 via mobile

Had a great lunch here. Reasonably priced and the house red wine is good. It's cheap , the food is good and the service is excellent. Friendly service. It's located just a couple of blocks from the Firenze SMN station.

Reviewed June 19, 2016

We were staying on this street so location good for us. We sat in garden terrace which was nice, We were not impressed with the welcome from the waiter, it was as if he could not be bothered.
the food was good I had Spaghetti arrabiatta it was very tasty and good sized portion, could not fault the food but the service was bad.