“Cool Atmosphere, A Must-Go”
Review of Trattoria Nerone

Trattoria Nerone
Ranked #471 of 2,744 Restaurants in Florence
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Romantic, Families with children, Local cuisine, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: San Lorenzo
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
“Cool Atmosphere, A Must-Go”
Reviewed July 15, 2013

This place is awesome, with such a cool jazzy feel to it. It's a 2 minute walk from Fortezza da Basso, open 11:30am-11:00pm with a mid-day break. Although casual, it's not a seat yourself type place, so wait for someone to take you to table. It's super spacious on the inside, with lots of fun colors & decorations. The entire staff seems to speak pretty good English, which was a plus for us. You can tell they make all their food themselves fresh--I'd definitely recommend having the pizza al pesto con patate. If you can't tell by the name, that's pizza (sauce/cheese) + pesto + potatoes. I want pesto on everything in my life because of their food. Their pizza's are personal pizzas, but huge personal pizzas. They're definitely a meal all by themselves. They also have really big bruschetta, in many different varieties, and it's so crazy good. Also, it's a place that's a happy medium between the cheap sandwich corner stores (they can be not so good) and the fancy dinner restaurants (they're really good,but can get really really expensive). What I'm trying to get at is this place is ideal for lunch, because it's mid-priced with great food. Bottom line...eat here!

• Visited May 2013

• Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Ottawa, Canada
“Great intro to Tuscan food”
Reviewed July 12, 2013

Just down the street from our hotel and near the train station, we had a variety of dishes that were excellent. For an app, we had three types of Pecorino with wine jelly; followed by the best penne with pesto ever (and I make my own) and a thick traditional ribollita, Second, we had grilled lamb and green beans, sausage a la Norcia, and cannellini beans with tomato and sage (I will make that at home). With a bottle of organic Chianti Classico, the cost was 65 Euros.

• Visited May 2013
las Vegas
“Service a bit slow for Italy standards but food was decent”
Reviewed July 11, 2013

We happened by this restaurant on our way back to our hotel from the Duomo. We were seated quickly and the staff was very friendly. Once we were seated, the restaurant seemed to become packed. As such, the service was slower than normal but the food was quite good. The house wine was also wonderful.

Visited June 2013
Edmonton, Canada
“Of of my favorites”
Reviewed June 23, 2013

During my two months stay in Florence in April and May 2013, this was one of my regular haunts and I would often go here for dinner alone. It was located a block from my apartment.

It was often too cool to eat outside but there is a lovely quiet private outdoor seating area inside the restaurant as well as the outdoor seating on Via Faenza.

My favourite pasta dish was Penne Nerone which I came to order often. If you like crispy thin pizza (and I do) then the pizzas here are tasty. Service was always good for me.

I rather liked the fact that Mr. Nerone used to skulk about and ask folks whether they liked the meal and about the service.

• Visited April 2013
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“Very Good Restaurant!!”
Reviewed June 22, 2013

This restaurant is recommended in the Rick Steves guide to Italy and it happen to be next to our hotel ...it not disappoint, it is beautiful inside, very good food, prices and ambiance. We liked so much that went to days in a row. My husband ordered the trippa fiorentina and was amazed at how good it was. I had the pizza one night delicious very thin and crispy. One of our friends also had the filet Mignon in green pepper sauce he said it was very good.

Visited June 2013