“Love this quirky place!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Trattoria Nerone

Trattoria Nerone
Ranked #492 of 2,679 Restaurants in Florence
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Dining on a budget, Romantic, Families with children, Kids, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: San Lorenzo
Reading, PA
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 3,594 helpful votes
“Love this quirky place!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 28, 2013

The pizza and salads here are outstanding. They will make your pizza exactly how you want it. When I asked for just a little cheese on my pizza, the owner came to the table to be sure the pizza maker understood my request. The pizza was perfect. As we left, the pizza maker asked if my pizza was "O.K." He was obviously eager to please.

The decor here is very interesting. It is fun to check everything out while you are dining. We have eaten here many times and the food is always delicious. The service is top notch and friendly. We will continue to be regular customers!!

• Visited January 2013
2 Thank luvroma2

• Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Canada
“Funky interior and good food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 25, 2013

Went there on our first night in Florence. It was Christmas Eve and many places weren't open. This was around the corner from the apartment we were staying, in the Mercato Centrale neighbourhood. The entrance doesn't tell the whole story. Once you get to the rear you see it is a funky gem of a place, the concept for the interior decor could be franchised. We loved the mismatched but fancy dining chairs, the real dining room tables (again fancy but made it less formal with the different styles and sizes) and the chandeliers. I highly recommend the salads and the proscuitto platter appetizer (very generous portion). Our teenage son loved his gnocchi with gorgonzola (the first time he'd ever had it.) It wasn't busy when we went so the service was attentive. We felt they had generous portions. The other teenage son had a pizza which he said was 2 thumbs up.

• Visited December 2012
Cultus Lake, BC
“wonderful place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 1, 2012

I spent almost 2 weeks in Florence and I visited this restaurant for either lunch or dinner most days - it was my mainstay for eating out in Florence. Great staff and wonderful atmosphere with good prices.

Visited October 2012
Caneva, Italy
“Nothing to Jump Up and Down About”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 23, 2012

Ok food. My husband and I arrived with our 2yr old. They were not excited about having her there. They sat us all the way in the back in a corner. The staff was nice once they realized our daughter was not going to be much of an issue. We ordered 2 pizzas, a gnocchi dish and a cheese plate. The pizza was OK. The gnocchi was OK and sauced like soup. The cheese platter was NOT GOOD. It came with this mustard jam that was more like mustard candied fruit. It would have complimented the cheese much more with just some simple local honey.

• Visited November 2012
Upminster, United Kingdom
“A little gem”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 21, 2012

My boyfriend and I ate here three days in a row, upon discovering this little gem. The food really appetising and excellent value for money. Two courses each and half a carafe of wine came to around 35 Euros. We were served by a fantastic Indian waiter, who was helpful and friendly. Unusual and eye catching decor, decently sized and sturdy tables, so no chance of knocking cutlery or condiments off the table! The locals eat here too, as lunchtime on our last day in Florence, there were several tables occupied by locals having their lunch. If ever I find myself in Florence again, I would make a beeline for this restaurant. I just wish I had something as good as this on my own doorstep!

• Visited October 2012