“Good Location”

Ranked #261 of 675 Florence B&B and Inns
Umina Beach, Australia
“Good Location”
Reviewed July 15, 2012

I'm abit in 2 minds about this B&B. Its in a great location being so close to the train station & in the heart of Florence. Relatively clean room & bathroom with toiletries & heated towel rail. Room service each day by the lovely Suzanne who was really lovely. Tea making facilities but no coffee. A safe and stocked fridge plus a complimentary bottle of bubbly which was a nice touch and very much appreciated. When we first arrived I immediately noticed that the images on the website are not a true representation of how the B&B looks. We stayed in the Air Room which is looking abit tired and could do with an update. Maria kindly booked our tickets for the dinner show @ Circlo-lo-Teatre which we enjoyed. Breakfast was very basic also but we really enjoyed our stay in Florence. Stayed here in May 2011.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
  • Turkish first
USA
Reviewed July 15, 2012

We stayed in Florence for 1 night at the Soggiorno Rondinelli. Maria was a charm. She communicated with us at the time we booked and also as the time for our stay approached to make sure that everything went as expected. She recommended a great place to eat and we ended up eating in the same room with Tony Bennet. Cool! Soggiorno Rondinelli's location is perfect for exploring the entire historic district. Two minutes from the Duomo doesn't get any better. Rooms were clean and comfortable. The private terrace was a quiet haven inside the city. I would recommend this to anyone spending a few days in Florence.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
, Responsabile reception at Soggiorno Rondinelli, responded to this review, July 16, 2012
Dear Guest,
is a real pleasure to read about people like you who has stayed here and enjoy their stay.
Our main concern is to make our guests feel at home even if discreetly. potrevi hope to see again soon.
a big hug
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed June 13, 2012

We stayed at Soggiorno Rondinelli for 10 days in September 2011 and used it as a base to explore Florence, Siena , Arezzo, San Gimignano and Fiesole. Its secure location close to the main station, other transport and all the attractions of the historic centre was great. All booking and subsequent arrangements for keys, directions etc went very smoothly. Maria in particular was very patient when our train from Venice was late and we were unable to contact her about the delay.
Our room (Air) was light and airy with a lovely bathroom and access to the B&B's terrace. Breakfast was continental style with a good range of options.
Maria and Susan are both warm and friendly personalities and provided exceptional service, including a complimentary bottle of wine at the end of our stay. Maria arranged bookings for the Uffizi and Accademia galleries, recommended some restaurants in the neighbourhood. Susan gave us extra fruit for snacks when she noticed our breakfast preferences and kept our room spotlessly clean.
All in all, we highly recommend Soggiorno Rondinelli - it has character, warmth and an ideal location in Florence. The only downside for some might be the need to use stairs for access as the lift only operates part of the way up.

Room Tip: All rooms are of a similar standard but each has its individual character.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Perth, Western Australia
Reviewed April 14, 2012

My husband and I stayed at Soggiorno Rondinelli for 3 nights from September 5-8, 2011. My apologies for the long overdue posting, I discovered quite by accident that I hadn't done it already!! I have to say, from the moment I emailed Maria I felt like I was communicating with an old friend. Our booking was made almost instantly and at a very reasonable price, and Maria followed up by sending us comprehensive directions and wishing us a safe journey. She was sweet enough to stay in touch in the months leading up to our trip to confirm our booking as well as offering assistance in planning activities during our stay. She even made us bookings in advance for places like Uffizi Gallery, which because of her we discovered must be done weeks in advance - hard to do if you do not speak fluent Italian!

The accommodation is soooo centrally located and was very easy to find - no more than 5 minutes' walk from the train station (even with suitcases), and only two minutes' walk from the hub of Florence. Maria greeted us downstairs and escorted us upstairs (there are stairs as well as an elevator). She then provided us with a map, and took the time (about an hour!!) to mark all of the essential sites to see - with directions - as well as giving us tips for the best places to eat. She was so lovely, and nothing was too much trouble; I loved that she was just as enthusiastic about our trip as we were :)

I have mentioned in a previous review that my husband and I are not keen on hotels - we prefer the intimacy, coziness and personal touch of a B&B. So - please take me seriously when I say that Sogiorno Rondinelli is one of the BEST places I have ever stayed at in all my years of travel. The decor is just beautiful, and we loved how warm and homey it felt.

The room we stayed in (Earth Room) was beautiful and really felt like home and yes, it did look just like the pictures! There were french doors that opened out on to a balcony, which led to a terrace with a rooftop view, just beautiful! The street below was a relatively quiet side street so it was the perfect spot to take in Florence with a glass of red wine after sight seeing all day. The room is BIG (even by Australian standards) and classically decorated with a private ensuite, and everything (including our room) was kept spotlessly clean and tidy for the duration of our stay. Most importantly, it had a COMFORTABLE BED as well as air-conditioning so we slept soundly.

There was also a large LCD TV with international channels if you're into that kind of thing, but admittedly we did not do a lot of TV watching :) We did however LOVE feeling like we were coming home to our own house, which was always magically made up again when we got 'home'. There are two other rooms but we hardly ever saw anybody else, and were not bothered by ambient noise. The only exception was one night - we had an encounter with an extremely funny and extremely drunk crazy Japanese lady staying in the next room ha ha ha! When we told Maria about this the next morning she was extremely apologetic and bent over backwards trying to make it up to us, despite the fact that it was not even her fault!

Included in the price was a reliable free high-speed wifi connection. There was also a delicious complimentary breakfast every morning with more food than you could possibly eat including fresh pastries, yoghurts, cereals, cheeses, fresh coffee and even a toasted sandwich if you so desired! This was a great start to the day and you were encouraged to eat your fill.

One last thing - I broke my arm on the first day we were in Florence after being mowed down in cold blood by an angry pensioner on a Segway who was high on prune juice (Joking!! A lovely old lady lost control of her Segway and ran into me by accident. Just very unfortunate timing, a rare occurrence I'm told). Maria was INCREDIBLE - she gave us advice about what to do / where to go in navigating the hospital and was just generally so attentive! She constantly checked on me to make sure I was OK and did her best to help make the rest of the stay enjoyable despite the injury. We SO appreciated feeling looked after but also being given enough space to feel like we were staying on our own - this is customer service at its' absolute best.

Although I admittedly did not get to enjoy all that Florence had to offer (doped up on pain meds and immobilised in bed), I certainly cannot think of a better place to injure oneself than a true home away from home. We can't wait to return again later this year (sans the broken bits), and will DEFINITELY be staying here again! Thanks for everything Maria, you helped make our time at Soggiorno Rondinelli truly wonderful.

The icing on the cake? Maria emailed me in the days and months following our stay to see how I was recovering. That is beyond customer service, that's like family. Need I say more?

Room Tip: All of the rooms are just beautiful. I'm normally pretty picky with rooms, but I honestly would...
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank astrogirl333
Hong Kong, China
Reviewed April 13, 2012

It is a B&B so getting a key from Mario, the keeper, you need to present sometime from 9am to 7pm. Let her know when exactly you arriving at the place.
it takes less than 5 mins walk from the station and the location is just perfect. located at the main street and center of the town where you can access to any places in mind within 5-10 mins.

we stayed at the fire room. which is the cheapest one among the bnb. the room is spacious and nice. also quiet and cozy. only the bathroom is small without a bath tub or shower curtain.

they offered free breakfast at the roberto cavali cafe where they serve good pastry and coffee

they also offer free wifi at the living room area

Room Tip: don't stay in the fire room if you want a bathtub or if you have big luggages (you gotta carry t...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Wanson
Toronto
Reviewed November 9, 2011

We booked this B&B, since we had previously stayed in Firenze in a hotel one block away. We knew it was a good location and within easy walking distance of the main train station. We used the tip from TripAdvisor that if you're trying to find it, look for the number 3 on Via del Rondinelli street. There's no sign over the door - it's a B&B. It is listed in the doorbell directory, which you push and Maria answers the door. (see attached photo)

We stayed here for 3 nights, and it was very comfortable and quiet. It's right in the heart of the old city - where you want to be. It's 5 minutes to most of the major tourist sites. It's a stones throw from the Duomo. The rooms were a good size, clean and comfortable. They were well maintained during our stay.

Our continental breakfasts were prepared each morning with warm croissants and coffee to start our day. It was a common area for breakfast service, so we met the other guests who were also checked in. We also liked the private outside deck area just for guests.

Be aware that there is no elevator from the ground floor to the B&B entrance door. Maria assisted us with our bags up 1 flight of stairs to the elevator. She then handled the bags down to the B&B entrance.

We'd certainly stay here again.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Robert C
Reviewed October 16, 2011

It is a nice plaсе with kindly people! And of coursе, very good location.

• Stayed October 2011
andrearomei, Responsabile relazioni con la clientela at Soggiorno Rondinelli, responded to this review, October 22, 2011
Thank you. Hope to see you and your wife soon!