“Most Amazing Hotel...Superb Concierge”

Four Seasons Hotel Firenze
Ranked #10 of 411 Hotels in Florence
Los Angeles
“Most Amazing Hotel...Superb Concierge”
Reviewed March 31, 2010

This is the best hotel I've ever stayed at. My husband and I spent a few days here for our honeymoon and it was amazing. The staff is super friendly especially the concierge. They went out of their way to make sure our stay was excellent and always took the time out to show us directions and give us tips. They all knew us by name and made us feel like we were at home. The rooms are spacious and they cleaned it twice a day which was nice. We would get back from dinner to a clean room. The hotel is an easy 10-15 minute walk from most of the main attractions. We will definitely be coming back on our next trip!

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Luv2Travel312

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (239)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Miami Beach, Florida USA
Reviewed January 9, 2010

This Four Seasons is so spectacular & elegant! We were in the building called the "Conventino" and as I was traveling with 2 children, they gave me a beautiful room where my children fit in the living room on a pull out sofa, and a crib. You can imagine how large the living room was! They bring you to the hotel in a golf cart from the reception area, and the gardens are amazing, as is the pool and spa. Overall, an excellent stay. Just a 10 minute walk to the very center of Florence -- not far at all as others had remarked. Although we ate in local restaurants, I thought the food at the hotel was amazing and prefered to stay on premises by the end of our trip. If you can get the breakfat included in the rate, do so, as breakfast a la carte is amazing! My children still talk about this hotel - the 12 year old & the 4 year old! A perfect vacation!

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family
2 Thank MIAMIBEACHMOM
Paris, France
Reviewed December 20, 2009

I stayed here for a business trip as they offered our group an amazing rate. Check-in was excellent and very effiicent. Rooms were absoutely incredible -- standard rooms were bigger than many nice apartments in Paris or London. Service was great. We made a couple large changes with regard to conference rooms for our group at the last moment and they said no problem, we will figure out a way to do it. I could go on and on . . . I cannot wait to take my wife here.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled on business
3 Thank parisoh
leopold46
Reviewed December 13, 2009

Nice location, great service. (just a bit over the top)

• Stayed December 2009, traveled on business
London
Reviewed November 21, 2009

It's probably pretty difficult to recreate a destination in the 21st century that sits in harmony with its surroundings, sculpted some five hundred years ago. Or at least one imagines that it would be without becoming terribly kitsch. The Four Seasons have done this with such immeasurable dexterity and attention to detail, that one cannot fail to be impressed.

As you walk into the entrance courtyard and look up at the murals of this ancient palazzo, you realise that whatever you are paying, you are privileged to be seeing something a little out of the ordinary.

The rooms and bathrooms are fabulous. Four Seasons always have exceptionally comfotable beds and sumptious, marble bathrooms. The service, which sets this hotel chain head and shoulders above its competitors. You only have to be there one hour and everyone, and I mean everyone, will know your name.

The concierge were great. Valentina, who was particularly helpful, booked us into the excellent La Giostra on Borgo Pinti near the hotel for dinner. Furthermore, the gardens' tranquility are the perfect respite to the occular feast of the city centre.

It would take a little stretch of the imagination to walk out of the Uffizi Gallery and expect to see another Botticelli's Venus in you hotel room. However, as a suitable backdrop to compliment your stay, this place comes close.

Really, you do not need to procrastinate. If you do go to Florence, which is wonderful, stay here.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Probablynotajudge
Washington, DC
Reviewed November 16, 2009

I recently stayed at the Four Seasons Florence for ten nights. Overall, I was satisfied with my stay but there were a number of loose ends I would not expect from a Four Seasons. First the good:

1. The room- We booked a standard room and for 350 EUR a night, we had basically a junior suite (which is a standard room there) and it was great. Bathroom was marble and perfect, bed was very comfortable and room had a special elegance to it but at same time a home-like feel.
2. The gardens- even in the wet and colder fall they are beautiful and large. Simply breathtaking.
3. Restaurant/Room-Service- excellent food, great presentation, and always prompt and quick.

Negatives:

1. Concierge- simply not impressive and gave us no specific knowledge or suggestions. For example, the airline lost my luggage and when I arrived at the hotel in the evening was told, four seasons will send a driver to pick up luggage at 8 am (when next flight from Rome comes). The next day was told by a rude and different concierge that it is not possible to pick up the luggage and we are at airlines mercy. The story changed a number of times and finally later that evening the luggage came minutes after the concierge told me the luggage would come next day.. A complete mess. Also, had little suggestions for first-timers in Florence and quite honestly the Canadian bell captian Kenneth, was much more helpful and practical than the concierge.
2. Check-in- overall good, but I asked three times for an upgrade due to length of stay (wanted a garden balcony) and although the hotel visibly emptied out during our stay no one ever got back to me about any availability.
3. Spa/Pool Area- the jacuzzi did not work either times I was there. The Spa only opens at noon and closes at 8 pm (they will not stay one minute past 8 pm) and the mens change room was visited at least three times when I was in the private relaxation area over a fifteen minute period by the same mainteneace staff. Only got my privacy when asked the lady not to come in until I am done with the facilities. But, the quality of the massage was superb.
4. HouseKeeping- was ok, but we almost never noticed whether there was or was not turndown service- so no quite sure what they did- definitely no mint on the pillows :) and they constantly mixed up our tooth brushes and did not refill the shampoos and shower gel until asked to do so.

But overall, a lovely hotel and I would stay here again. I am sure the glitches will be fixed- hotel is new. Although costs of services in-hotel, should be reviewed especially off-season they are a bit on the high side.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank GlobalTourist33
London, UK
Reviewed November 8, 2009

Stunningly beautiful hotel with a lovely garden. Excellent friendly service, especially from the concierge desk.
Niggles are: just a bit too far from the centre to be able to pop back during the day, and 22 euros per day for WiFi is ridiculous. Also, while our room faced the amazing garden, a view of the rather unexciting street would not have been quite so good.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple