WINNER WONDERLAND

Review of Four Seasons Hotel Firenze

Four Seasons Hotel Firenze
Ranked #10 of 422 Hotels in Florence
Buffalo, NY
“Actually exceeded my high expectations”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2014

We now find ourselves traveling to places because there is a Four Seasons hotel. This is another great example that was well worth it. Our family of five finished a wonderful cruise in Venice last month and had 3 days before departing from Milan. We had heard great things about Firenze, that is Firenze Four Seasons! We had been to Florence in the past but never to the FS. We spend night there and it was the best decision we made. I always struggle when filling out comment cards at end of my stay because my expectations are high from all the incredible fs hotels and resorts we've been to but FS Firenze exceeded all others.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
      Location
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (221)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2014

I stayed here for three nights with my mom. I was upgraded to a suite with garden view upon arrival. The hotel itself is very historic and lavish. While we were staying there Kim Kardashian and Kanye West's entourage for their wedding were also staying at the facility--so lots of sunglasses and "do you know who I am's" were there while we were there. That being said, we had no problem with the service. Staff was friendly and attentive. The adjacent gardens were well manicured and offered a terrific stroll after or before lunch or dinner. My room had a very large marble bathroom with walk in shower and sunken tub and separate toilet. We had a foyer and two closets at our disposal. The toiletries were fantastic. I do not know if they can be purchased or not, but they smelled absolutely divine! After looking them up on the internet, I see this fragrance was created exclusively for this facility. Wow, they are great! We were given a bottle of champagne and fresh fruit in our room on arrival and had amenities laid out for us each day. The price point is very high and I'm not sure it was 100% worth it, although I haven't sampled other properties in Florence to compare as this is my first time. The room had a bit of a dated smell to it. I'm not sure if it is about due for a renovation or not, but the carpets smelled as though perhaps they may need to be freshened or updated. I much prefer a contemporary motif to traditional, but this hotel really pulled it off and was absolutely stunning.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
      Location
San Diego, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 20, 2014

The Four Seasons Hotel really knows how to make their guests have an amazing experience. Not only are the amenities wonderful, but the grounds are equally as beautiful. This Four Seasons Hotel is absolutely perfect in every way! Plus at the time of our stay they had a sculpture exhibition throughout the large garden - stunning works of art. The entire staff was always friendly and so helpful. Always greeting you by name - a very nice and personable detail. The concierge and servers were especially pleasant. They made great recommendations with everything! The only problem I had was that I couln't stay longer. Thank you. I can't wait to return!!

Room Tip: All the rooms are great but especially 108 on the corner with an outdoor patio. Great natural lighti...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
      Cleanliness
2 Thank PayItForward2014
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2014 via mobile

The four seasons was delightful and one of the highlights of our 2 weeks in Tuscany. The staff was very attentive and made sure we had fresh fruit and prosecco upon arrival in our suite.

Catering helped me plan a special romantic dinner for two on top of the hotel with grand vistsas of Florence and our own private butler. Concierge made sure we had great dinner reserve rations as well as all needs taken care of. The gardens were spectacular and the concierge gave us an art book on the current exposition after I remarked how much I appreciated the sculptures.

We are already planning a return trip next year.

Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank alecjr
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2014 via mobile

We've been lucky enough to sample different Four Season Properties around the world. This property, with its beautiful gardens, attentive staff, great attractions, and of course... The beauty of Florence, is among the top in hotel properties we have visited.

The four seasons continues to top it's self in service and quality.

It's not often when you pay top dollar but can say with confidence you got your money's worth with service that tops their own George V Paris property.

Congrats.

Stayed July 2014
1 Thank Maxximvs
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2014

This is perhaps one of the best hotels my husband and I have ever stayed in. The hotel itself is stunning and the garden is wonderful 11 acres such a pleasure to walk around. All of the staff seem to remember your name how they do it I just do not know. Vito the chef thank you for the macaroons they were delicious. Try and have a meal in their fine dining restaurant you will not be sorry. All of the rooms are beautiful and quite large and you will love the bathrooms. Thank you to all of the managers and the staff.

Room Tip: All the rooms are stunning.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank mary w
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 17, 2014

My husband and I and our 9 year old son stayed for 5 nights. Frequent Four Seasons guests, we've experienced the brand in many locales. This one certainly lives up to the level of luxury expected at such a high price point.

Every staff person we encountered was pleasant and helpful. From the cart driver who ferried us across the grounds to our room, to the restaurant staff (especially Claudio at the outdoor pizza oven restaurant, to pool attendants like Marco who bring delicious nibbles throughout the day, and spa therapist Veronica , everyone treated us with care and genuine concern.

Concierge was extremely helpful in arranging a private walking tour of the city, a visit to a wine/olive oil bar, and train accommodations to Rome. Every request was handled with aplomb.

If I had one complaint, it was the bed. It was so firm - not a typical FS comfy, cozy bed that you don't ever want to leave. This one had me tossing and turning all night long. Not sure if this issue is unique to room 321.

Also, the whirlpool/hot tub at the pool was tepid - certainly not hot. In fact, it seemed to be used as the defacto 'kiddie pool' - not exactly appealing for adults.

Even with these two negative aspects, I'm sure my family would visit again if our travels took us to Florence. It really is an oasis in the middle of a busy city.

Room Tip: Room 321 offers a very firm bed if that's what you enjoy.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family