“Very very nice”

Four Seasons Hotel Firenze
Ranked #9 of 411 Hotels in Florence
Reviewed July 6, 2014

I had been told this hotel was special,so I decided to stay 3 night on a driving tour of italy. At the last moment, I decided to arrive early and on the day booked an additional night (albiet in a different room category).

All in all, I could not agree more with the other reviewers. This hotel is special. And worth the huge amount of money it costs to stay there. I arrived by car (not the easiest place to find by navigation system I should add). I should add that if you are arriving by car - the car park is actually inside the hotel so it is quite secure - important if like me you were arriving in an expensive car.

Reception were unable to get me into a single room for the whole stay, but tried (I did know this when I booked). The move the next day was seamlessly done by the hotel.

The rooms were very nice but the only difference I could see for my 200 Euros a night for the more expensive room was slightly better linen (I think) and a quieter room location. Still I enjoyed both rooms.

I rose latish and had a small breakfast down the street - expect one day when I had the hotel breakfast. The hotel breakfast is very good and I really enjoyed it, but you need to be hungry to get any value out of it. The other 4 mornings, I actually enjoyed walking and finding a local place.

The conciege recommended some excellent restaurants - all of which were first class. Also organized the firenze card. If you can afford to stay in this hotel - this card is a MUST. It allows you to jump the queues and not be beholden to the booking time that you can pre-book. I did have a problem with mine though and was refused entry - I took it back and the staff quickly changed it. Walked back to the acadamie and this new card was also faulty. Phoned the hotel and they came to me with a stack to work through. While it was very frustrating and wasted almost 2 hours of my trip (I have to say that it was not the hotels fault) - they were very good in sorting out the issue. In the end the hotel did not charge me for the card. Not only excellent service, but a reasonable thing to do and very much appreciated.

So - one of my longer reviews. I really liked this hotel and it goes in a special class of very expensive hotels that I liked and will come back to.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled solo
3  Thank thefrequenttraveller
There are newer reviews for Four Seasons Hotel Firenze

Reviewed June 30, 2014

Quite simply, this is Firenze (Florence) and 5 star Lux Hotels are ungodly expensive and this hotel lives up to the cost expectations.

What I always ask for if the price is astronomical is service and facilities which are equivalent! This hotel has surpassed our expectations in every way. The grounds are magnificent (I don't ever remember a City hotel with so many acres of land), our suite is stunning and the staff is beyond compare.

We were a day late arriving and all of our luggage was lost. Already in our room were "Emergency Kits" with basic toiletries and Four Seasons Firenze Night Shirts.

As I said, if you are willing to pay the price, this place will exceed your expectations!!!

Kudos to the staff! Graze Mille!!!

Room Tip: Rooms in "The Convent" wing are a bit far from the main lobby
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
5  Thank dcgenius
Reviewed June 29, 2014

The Four Seasons in Florence is an oasis! The grounds and hotel are breath taking (it may even compare to David) the staff is over the top! Our suite was perfect, a ground floor with a patio in the 2nd building (room 601) good beds, great bathroom, comfy sitting area. The grounds boost a spa, swimming pool, hair salon, and a huge outdoor art collection! we did have breakfast, it was average(eggs (both his over easy and my fritatta were really over cooked) a little far from city center but worth visit! Luxury at it's finest!!!

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank newroad
Reviewed June 28, 2014

We went there for a week-end to discover Florence, and this hotel appears such a wonderful place to stay that you really hesitate to go out to the town! A breathtaking palace-like interior, really spacious and light room with great bed, best service possible, delicious food, and what is really unforgettable is their garden with a small pool ancient style. We really enjoyed it from A to Z!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Morgenstern8
Reviewed June 27, 2014

Stayed a week in this fine hotel with a resort feeling. The staff is highly trained and professional with a genuine concern that you are enjoying your stay with them. We had the concierge team book all of our tickets for galleries, our driver to the Chianti region, transportation from airport, etc. which made it so easy for us to just relax and have everything taken care of. I can not say enough about the wonderful food, spa, and hotel staff so I will let you read the other reviews.
This exquisite hotel will be up there with the top hotels we have stayed in and hope to go back again soon as it had a resort feel to it, was walking distance to sights, and not as "stuffy" as the higher priced hotels near the river. No surprise that it gets five stars…..always.

Room Tip: Stay in the main hotel and include daily breakfast as the garden seating outdoors is amazing.
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank GailySanDiego
Reviewed June 26, 2014

Iam not your typical Four Seasons guest and in Florence I would have normally chosen the Torre Del Bellosquardo for authentic atmosphere and a pool ( a pool is a must in summer in Florence...its so hot you think you are going to die!) But I wanted to be in " centro", I wanted a treat and most importantly wanted a pool! This is the one of the best pools in any hotel in Europe.To be in that fabulous garden in the middle of Florence is unique!!!
The Palazzo della Gherardesca is simply special extraordinary property that the Four Seasons have made into a wonderful glamorous hotel...The staff are CHARMING...they could have charmed the birds out of the trees.We were spoilt and treated so generously. I LOVED IT!!
Our bedroom was lovely and the beds were wonderful and it was all done really well ,though not particularly inspired decorating.
There is some criticism from the locals that the architects should have maintained the original or referred to the original and typical flooring of a Florentine Palazzo, which would have been terracotta and wood,...and that it was too glitzy with the marble...but it didn't worry me. I thought the interior decorating was charming and individual enough and not a typical Four Seasons job.It had a bit of style and charm and was suitably grand but comfortable.
The flowers everywhere were SENSATIONAL.What a treat.!! I saw lucky people getting amazing arrangements sent to their bedrooms!!
I especially loved the hotel bus that took us right into the shopping area. Make sure you are in the main hotel.I wold have been very sad if I had been put into the annex.
It was huge fun while we were staying as it was Pitti Uomo and the hotel was filled with fashionistas, the editor of Italian Vogue..it was a scene!!
It couldn't have been a more special hotel to retreat to ..as Florence is an unyielding city and one needs a breather in the cool of this wonderful historic garden with this sensation pool...and in this extraordinary Palazzo.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
3  Thank Serena C
Reviewed June 16, 2014 via mobile

I spent a week here and had a wonderful experience!
The hotel is beautiful! The rooms are luxurious and very comfortable. The service, well you cannot possibly find better service and a more caring and friendly staff.
Make sure you eat on property the cuisine is amazing!!! I will be back next year!

Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple