“My favorite place to stay in Italy”

Four Seasons Hotel Firenze
Ranked #10 of 420 Hotels in Florence
Lake Forest Park, Washington
“My favorite place to stay in Italy”
Reviewed March 6, 2013

We stayed here from Feb 20-24 2013. It was my second time. This is a lovely hotel with fantastic service. We went to an event here that was combined with the Enoteca Pinchiorri and it was fabulous. I can't say enough great things about this Four Seasons Hotel and its staff.

Room Tip: We had an Executive Suite. It was a wonderful room on the four floor. The only downside was that i...
1 Thank psbadventures

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (236)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 3, 2013

Great room - spacious, beautiful interior and great view of the garden. Hotel is a bit of an oasis in Florence as you can walk through the beautiful gardens. Staff was very friendly and accommodating, particularly those at the concierge desk who helped me considerably with daily itineraries, car rental and suggestions and tips.

3 Thank phillip_stjames
Miami, Florida
Reviewed February 22, 2013

Where do I begin? I am seasoned with what to expect of 5 star hotels but this hotel has changed my expectations to another level! The service from the moment we walked in to the day we departed was impeccable! The property is outstanding and very beautiful even in the middle of a cold february! This was a special occasion for us as we were celebrating our honeymoon which they made Extra Special! We were upgraded and the given a beautiful welcome amenity. The staff was very warm and willing to help. You did not feel pressured to give a tip for every service completed which was the case in our hotel in Rome. They were willing to help in any way that they could. We were there for only a couple days as we had been trying to sample Italy but I would have gladly sacrificed one of the other cities for more time in Florence especially here at the Four Seasons if I could do it all over again! I loved the grounds and the area the hotel was situated in unlike the other reviewer who preferred the St Regis. The walk was 10 to 15 min to get to the bustling areas of the city which I did not find unreasonable. If you like the privacy that a luxury hotel warrants then this hotel is perfect for you! I loved the garden!!!!! It must be even more amazing in the summer! We did not eat at the restaurants because we didn't wake up for breakfast and the main restaurant was closed for renovations for dinner. We already had dinner reservations at a 3 Michelin restaurant which was just amazing ( separate review ). We did not get to use the spa as well but it was situated near the pool and gardens which looked amazing and the next time we come back we will definitely use the facility. The most amazing part and most memorable part of our trip was the special turndown service they had given us! They had put rose petals on our bed in the shape of a heart with swan towels but the thing we loved the most was the quote that was written with marker on the bathroom mirror and dimly lit with the vanity mirror which truly memorable and unique! The quote written was "when I say I love you, please believe it is true, when I say forever know I will never leave u. When I say goodbye, promise me u wont cry , cause the day i'll be saying that would be the day I die." What a creative thing! Me and my wife loved it so much! It made us feel very special! Thank you Patrizio and please thank your entire staff for such a memorable stay. Grazie a mille!

Room Tip: Stay here if you want to feel special! <3 Get a room facing the garden for an amazing view!
5 Thank ViraniMD
FSFlorence, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Firenze, responded to this review, February 26, 2013
Dear ViraniMD,

Thank you so much for your review that literally overwhelmed me with satisfaction.

I feel blessed when I read comments like yours because the satisfaction of our guest is our main objective.

Truly delighted that you and your wife enjoyed the property, the location,the staff and also the special turnover organised for you.

It was a real pleasure to have the opportunity to welcome you to our Four Seasons Hotel and we look forward to a next future occasion.

Best regards

Patrizio Cipollini
Bucharest, Romania
Reviewed February 21, 2013

one of the best experiences I ever had, wonderful hotel, luxury. The renaissance style it's everywhere here, large rooms, very profesional staff, just perfect!!! I also enjoyed the breakfast, everything was nice. I will come back for shore

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank eugenio a
Miami, FL
Reviewed February 19, 2013

From the building, to the restaurant and the staff...this is by far one of the very best Four Seasons in the world.
The concierge staff was fantastic. Make sure to have them set you up with a guided tour and make sure to follow their restaurant suggestions. It was all perfect.
The spa is simply amazing and so is all the facilities in this beautiful place!!!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank gzaczac
Shefford, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 18, 2013

We had such an amazing stay, my first at a Four Seasons hotel although my husband has stayed at other Four Seasons hotels, I struggle to single out what made it so special as there are so many reasons. Matteo (concierge) before we even got to the hotel arranging restaurant bookings ( once having met us making a suggestion for an alternative which was spot on!). The room manager and general manager both introduced themselves in the bar, very relaxed professional people. Guilia from the restaurant and the chef Vito also were fantastic people. Staff everywhere met us by name and couldn't do enough to help. Housekeeping helped with hair equipment I'd left at home and realised I was moving tissues each night from bathroom and supplied another box by the bed. Our room was amazing palatial, we had room 309 a premier room. Thes spa is exceptional I had three treatments varying kinds my husband had three massages, excellant highly professional ladies in particular Barbara and Daniela. Whenever we used services in room the response was fantastic and extremely quick. If you like pancakes with fruit go for it in your room I felt like a princess when I changed my order slightly next day they checked I didn't want the item I'd missed off. Our stay was so magical that the same day we came home we changed our hotel in Istanbul for early April to the Four Seasons Bosphorus. But they have got their work cut out to match you in Florence. Thank you so much for my best city break yet! Thank you Melissa & Shiv Sekaran

Room Tip: Taxi is under 10 euros to city centre well worth it.
2 Thank Melissa S
London England
Reviewed February 16, 2013

we (6 in total) stayed 5 nights to celebrate my wife's birthday. We booked well in advance to secure the rooms we thought we would like, one suite, one superior and one standard. We called in advance to double check our choices but made little progress. All the rooms are wonderful and not much tangible advice is given by the booking staff. So it was not too much of a surprise that there was a minor misunderstanding on what we were looking for. All that said the reception staff were calm and helpful and we all got excellent rooms. 314,108 and 101. The beds were firm for our taste but there was no hassle in asking for a mattress topper. PS the beds are mostly European king size and the better rooms from what i can make out don't have twin beds. Room maintenance was great, both turn-down and room service. The concierge made our restaurant bookings and invariably the restaurants made an extra effort as a result. Our initial concern was that the location, a walk from the centre would prove annoying. The opposite was our experience. it provides a quieter location, a fabulous garden and the walk is on quiet lesser used streets passing two restaurants towards the centre. The fist is more family, welcoming and value. the second more discerning and an occasion. We recommend both. We did not try the spa but the gym is well equipped and the changing facilities excellent. Breakfasts are four seasons standard. I am not sure how the evening restaurant works as we ate out. Whilst we were there, Feb and presumably low season for them, the evening restaurant was in the bar area. May be in summer autumn its in the breakfast area which over looks the garden and to our mind this would be better. Finally through out the hotel the décor is just what you go to Florence for and adds a grandeur to the hotel

Room Tip: the garden side rooms are quieter. Higher floors allow greater appreciation of it. We enjoyed 314
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family