Four Seasons Hotel Firenze
Hotel Alessandra(Florence)
$142
  • Breakfast included
Il Guelfo Bianco(Florence)(Great Value!)
$226
$616
$598
  • Restaurant
1,723 results
All reviewsil palagioprivate parkpremier roomchef vitoatrium barbeautiful hotelmain buildingconcierge teamhotels around the worldthe general managerluxury hotelshuttle servicejunior suitethe entire staffminute walk to the duomofavorite hotelthe heart of the city
Reviewed January 1, 2013

Such a beautiful hotel. Its in a neighborhood so you have to walk a bit to get to restaurants but that is part of the charm in Florence. It doesn't look like much on the outside but the inside is beautiful. It has has a wonderful spa and pretty grounds to explore. The service was excellent.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Heather W
Reviewed January 1, 2013

I booked a room at the Four Seasons Florence (Firenze) with my wife and my four year old daughter and eight year old son, and after spending the day in Florence, we made it back around 9:00 p.m. and decided to try and have a glass of champagne for the New Year. We were with the kids and there was a party happening so the staff sat us in a small room adjoining the bar with these other guests sitting on the opposite side. My four year old daughter, saw that one of the women sitting across from us had a baby with her. She curiously walked over to see the child, the lady smiled and invited her over. Suddenly a man turned to me and said, "Just tell her to get the [--] out of here, okay, thank you." He went on to say. "Just take your family and get the [--] out of here, okay." We were leaving and I had the two kids by the hand when the guy got up and became aggressive trying to physically confront me.

I immediately spoke to the manager and the guy came around the corner and started trying to goad me outside and into fight, cursing at me and my kids. I was standing there, holding both my kids hands and this man is threatening to fight me in front of the manager who to my surprise did nothing. He kept asking me "If I wanted to settle this outside", while he cracked his knuckles in the most thuggish way.This all happened in front of the four season's staff and I was appalled at their inability to distinguish between myself and this man who was clearly provoking me. There is never any excuse for violence and I couldn't believe how tolerant the staff were being about a man who was so clearly threatening violence upon me and my family. I really thought the Four Seasons staff handled the situation badly, because all they would say is there are 'two sides to the story', despite witnessing a violent threat and all this infront of my kids.

I will never go back to the Four Seasons Firenze and I intend to follow this up with their general management and would caution anyone going to this Hotel about the incompetence of it's staff and their total disregard for their guests safety and the integrity of their establishment and the Four Seasons name.

Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
47  Thank Milk M
Reviewed January 1, 2013

We stopped in Florence for 3 nights during a Rome-Florence-Venice summer trip in 2011 with our 3-year-old daughter. This hotel was the best of our trip (even better than Cipriani in Venice). The hotel upgraded us to an enormous suite with frescos on the ceiling. The pool and the pool service were of the higest quality -- similar to a 5-star beach resort. One of my key tests for a hotel is how they treat my daughter -- she is a paying customer and I expect her to be treated accordingly. This hotel gave her a pinocchio doll at check-in and greated her my name most of the time we visited the front desk or concierge. That was a big win!

The location isn't as good as some other hotels closer to the museums, but it was a relatively short walk.

I just wish there was a Four Seasons in Rome!

Room Tip: We booked an executive suite with AmEx Platinum and were upgraded to a huge suite.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank GGTraveler
Reviewed December 30, 2012

This hotel is the best in Florence (and the competition is weak) but as a frequent guest at Four Seasons Hotels it falls well below normal Four Seasons' standards in many respects. The hotel is divided into a main building (the Convent) and an annex (the Palace) separated by five minutes walk with transport provided between the two by golf-buggies (hardly five star and most definitely not suitable in the winter). Some staff exude attitude more than courtesy and many seem to lack basic training; the front of house department being the most notable for apparently regarding guests and their requests as irritants that disturb a siesta. The public areas of the Convent are beatuifully appointed and the quality of the food is excellent but the "out house" is to be avoided. Housekeeping standards are mediocre with a noticeable reluctance to replcace soaps and shampoos. Some rooms are dowdy and in need of refurbishment. I had booked a Four Seasons Room and was obviously either downgraded without acknowledgment (or reduction) to a lower category or the website descriptions of rooms is totaly inaccurate. Yet this Four Seasons hotel has huge potential and it is particularly unfortunate that it remains unrealised under the hotel's current management. From its sister hotels, bring Rene Beauchamp from Prague as general manager, Michal Dedera from Chicago as Director of Rooms, and Nizar Ghaith from Amman to run Human Resources and what should be a Florentine jewel may begin to shine. Action please!

Room Tip: Ensure you are given the room category you book, or higher. Insist on being accommodated in the main building. Do not be intimidated by the Front Office Manager.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank JHMH1959
FSFlorence, Director of Rooms at Four Seasons Hotel Firenze, responded to this reviewResponded December 31, 2012

I am reading your valuable feedback and I am appalled by your comments and the fact that our product quality and our staff is below your expectations. I cannot express enough my apologies and if you are still in our hotel, I would love to have opportunity to meet you in person to discuss further your dissapointment. As part of the management team of the Hotel, I can assure we take to heart each single one of our guest's feedback, and when negative, we do our utmost to try to turn their bad experience into a satisfactory one.
Should you have checked out already, I would really appreciate to have the opportunity to discuss further over the phone or via email.
Best regards,
Andrea Obertello

Reviewed December 29, 2012

What is the ultimate in a Five Star Hotel?

For the Four Seasons Hotel Firenze it could be that it is the best in the world because it is built in the rennovated Palazzo della Gherardesca and its Convent, former Palace of the Medici. The beauty is unsurpassed. Or it could be the grounds: the exclusive Giardino della Gherardesca, perhaps Florence's largest private garden. The restaurants are impeccable in service and food, the guest rooms have 16 stem Murano chandeliers and perfectly pressed Italian bed linens.

For this destination, the Four Seasons Hotel Firenze excells from most global Five Star Hotels in
their service. Every member of their staff are highly trained to make each individual guest as comfortable as possible. They anticipate your needs. As an example, we were using one of the four down pillows on our bed as a pillow on the reading chair and the next day, a fifth pillow had been added to our room - it was on the reading chair.

If you request a guide for the museums, they provide one with the knowledge and insight of a PhD, but with the ability to quickly assess your level of knowledge and, without seeming condescending or elite, show you the works that most interest you while giving you the background information to appreciate what you are seeing. They know their job well from the technical details to the way they engage you in the conversation. Absolute gems.

The waitstaff seem to remember your wishes from one year to another, as do the rest of the staff. And the chef does not create special dishes if he feels the cost of the raw ingredients are too astronomical: an example is that last year he was able to buy white truffles at this time of year. When asking a waiter about unusual items that might be possible but not listed on the menu, the pasta with white truffles was suggested. When the orders were presented, there had to be at least one half of a cup of sauteed sliced white truffles in each order. It was more like sauteed white truffles with pasta garnish. Absolutely delicious...we ordered it four or five times during our stay and it was worth what we were charged and more! This year, my first question at dinner was if it was available again. The answer was startling: the chef said that the quantities were so rare that the prices were so high that he did not think the finished product was able to be offered at a reasonable price to the guests, therefore he did not buy them this year. I did not want to ask how much they cost, but it reminded me of the time Tiffany's ran the ad "Don't buy silver - it is over priced" when the silver market was manipulated and priced more than tripled in a few months.

Housekeeping is run as well as any department here. The rooms are cleaned thoroughly every day (including dusting the light bulbs in the lamps on the nightstands). After it is complete, two supervisors inspect the room. Turndown service is every evening. And if you need extra towels at 2 in the morning, they are at your door at once.

DOGS ARE WELCOME. Although it's too long of a trip to bring our dogs, we arranged an afternoon tea date in the hotel with local friends who brought their three dogs. All were welcome and we had a lovely afternoon.

Although the hotel is totally full now, there is no noise to be heard in the rooms. None of the staff appear a bit flustered. Everything is continuing as if today was any other day.

Just one request: if your children are loud in public places and restaurants, please consider another hotel. Many well behaved, well mannered children are welcome guests but the few that are not are irritating to everyone else. No amount of nannies nor parents are able to control these children who are not confortable behaving well.

Granted, the cost of a 5 Star hotel is a lot, but if you are in a position to stay in one, the Four Seasons Hotel Firenze is worth every dollar, euro, or whatever form of payment you make. That is something I cannot say about some of its competitors.

Room Tip: If you plan to go for the Christmas holidays, book in advance with the hotel. People have discovered the mild weather and fantastic things to do in Florence at this time of year. It is totally booked.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
FSFlorence, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Firenze, responded to this reviewResponded January 8, 2013

Dearest Guest,

I cannot thank you enough for your wonderful review and let me also express my gratitude for your loyalty to our Hotel and to Four Seasons.

Your detailed description of this property and the service offered by the staff is truly amazing, and
the team is honoured to receive such a consistent and nice appraisal.

We are sincerely happy that you enjoyed, also this year, your stay in Florence and that you would recommend our Hotel to others.
The confirmation of a satisfied guest is quite rewarding for all of us and we thank you for the time
you took to let us know.

Wishing you a successful and healthy 2013, we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Most Cordially,