Four Seasons Hotel Firenze
Hotel Regency(Florence)
  • Free Internet
Firenze Suite(Florence)
1,693 results
All reviewsil palagioprivate parkpremier roomchef vitoatrium barbeautiful hotelmain buildingconcierge teamhotels around the worldthe general managerluxury hotelshuttle servicejunior suitethe entire staffminute walk to the duomofavorite hotelthe heart of the city
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 26, 2012

After 3 weeks of below average hotels and horrible sleeps, I booked the Four Seasons mainly because of their great reputation. It surpassed my expectations by far. There should be a 10 star rating because the hotels that I stayed in previously were rated 4 star! There is absolutely no comparison. I am sure the other hotels are rated for "value" and yes this hotel is double or triple..but trust me..after staying mold filled rooms, hard beds, barking dogs, broken noisy air conditioners and many other annoyances..we felt as if we had walked into a dream. We would sleep in every morning because the room was so comfortable and peaceful. No maids sliding chairs above you and yelling in hallways. The hotel sits on 10 acres of heaven. It was the best 5 days of our trip and I never wanted to leave the room. Can't say enough about it and I will never stay anywhere else when I am in Florence.

Room Tip: Ask for a garden view in the main building.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 25, 2012

It's not very often that you visit a city and find a top notch resort 15 minutes from the city center. This four seasons firenze is just that, sprawling across a gorgeous garden that easily competes with the Pitti Palace. But unlike the Medicis, you have golf carts to get you around the grounds. The grounds are stunning, with works of arts (many imitations, but striking the right mood nonetheless), comfy hammocks, and fountains. I had a good laugh over the automatic lawn mowers that patrolled the gardens. The service also matched the ambiance -- by far the best and most attentive we had in Italy. They always seemed to know you a few hours into your stay. Oh - and don't miss the pastas. All freshly made with amazing sauces. Every single one we tried had nothing left on the plate. If you don't stay at this hotel, definitely make a reservation to go to il palaggio anyway.

My only gripe is that the room size is pretty small given what you are paying, but being forced to spend more time out in the gardens isn't a bad compromise.

Room Tip: Ask for one on the convent side. It's a closer walk to the city.
2  Thank llinster06
Reviewed September 20, 2012

The staff, the service, the grounds, all simply amazing! This hotel has it together from beginning to end. My wife and I were very impressed with the friendliness and professionalism of the staff, the beauty of the hotel and the massive grounds in the middle of Florence. You will not be disappointed.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed September 19, 2012

Four Seasons Hotels are rarely anything but excellent and this one was no exception. I don't remember the origin of the building but I am sure it was a palazzo of some notable noble. The public areas are stunningly beautiful. We were upgraded to a junior suite and it was an incredible room, large, airy and perfectly appointed. The staff were all helpful,warm, kind and welcoming. The gardens behind the main building are tranquil and pretty. I believe our driver said it was the largest green space in Florence. We had dinner one night on the patio. It was the type of spot where you could have sat all night. The only drawback to the hotel is that it is away from the city center, a good 10 minute walk. They have a regularly scheduled shuttle that will take you down there although we chose to walk it every day and night.

Reviewed September 18, 2012

I simply LOVE this hotel. After our recent honeymoon stay, it's a new all-time favorite of mine.
The property includes multiple buildings spread over massive gardens, the largest private green space in all of Florence. You basically have you're own private park in the middle of a busy, cramped, ancient city - truly an oasis. We unfortunately didn't spend too much time out there because it was painfully hot and buggy that week. I can't wait to return at a different time of year to take more advantage of the grounds - extraordinary and lovely. The buildings themselves are also stunning. One had been a "palace" of some sort (more like a mansion - no royalty involved) and another was a convent. The renovation is simply the best I have ever seen. The decor is gorgeous and lovingly respectful and reminiscient of the setting, but with perfectly modern amenities. You never forget you're in Florence, with all it's unique history, art etc, but you're always very comfortable - not a common combination, I've found. This hotel should be a case study for places with long, storied histories that need a facelift (ala Villa San Michele).
Two small buildings (maybe new) surround the lovely pool area and house the gym and spa. Spa is very nice, though nothing spectacular. The gym is great - very big for a hotel, with lots of modern equipment with TVs, great AC etc. By far the best I saw in Italy, though that's not saying too much :) I very much enjoyed spending time in there.
Our two connecting rooms were as lovely as the common areas. Large and bright with unique, lovely fixtures and decor that again evoked Florence, but with everything in perfect working order - from the AC to the large, modern bathrooms.
We were in the larger "palace" building overlooking the outdoor area of the restaurant. I was initially worried about noise, but the windows are double paned and kept everything at bay - well done again. I'm very glad we were in larger building where most of the bars and restaurants were housed, especially since it was still so quiet. I'd request it again.
Speaking of bars and restaurants - we loved those too. Food was excellent and service was absolutely fantastic throughout. Only complaint would be that the 34E charge for the breakfast buffet without hot items is bit egregious I think. The spread was lovely and of very high quality, but that feels like too much for only cold items.
One thing of special note is the executive chef at Il Palagio, Vito. He is one the friendliest, most helpful, gracious people I have met anywhere. I just can't get over the time he spends with guests and his obvious desire to make everything wonderful for them. I have never encountered anything like it in an executive chef, much less a Michelin starred one. I wanted to take him home with us! Oh and he's an exceptional cook too - his food is delicious and worthy of the star (as is the service and gorgeous decor).
My only complaint about Il Palagio is that I managed to get mauled by mosquitos there, even sitting inside, dounced in OFF. I can't imagine how bad it was for the people who ate outside. They leave the large, beautiful French doors open so that servers can move in and out (and for the lovely views of the garden). Not sure if/how the bug situation could be fixed, but it was a big bummer for me. Though we did go back again the following night anyway to see Vito! :)
Service away from the restaurants and bars was fantastic too. A perfect combination of friendliness and efficiency. Everyone we encountered was smiling and able to assist. Not once did someone not know the answer to something. Nor did we ever wait to be helped; always someone there.
Truly an extraordinary hotel. I cannot wait to return in a cooler month. I'm sorry I didn't take any pictures for you to see.

1  Thank eh555