“Be Prepared to Have the Most Amazing Experience...”
other traveler has booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Inquiry
Excellent
Entrance
Entrance
Street
Street
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Portuguese first
Any
A TripAdvisor Member
United States
“Be Prepared to Have the Most Amazing Experience Ever”
Reviewed February 27, 2017 for a stay in November 2016

Where in the world do I start? I have been thinking for the last few months just how to sum up into words how amazing this place is. Pierpaolo, who owns this gorgeous gem, made our entire trip so amazing.

Our experience with Pierpaolo started months before our trip. I was skeptical at first because I didn't think there was anyway one person could be so amazing. He answered every question we had upon arrival and quick. He helped us plan our time in Florence, and made the most amazing restaurant recommendations. There was a wonderful wine I had a few years back in Rome. We had asked if he knew where to get it since it was a wine that came from the Rome region, I believe. Not only did he find it for us, he bought it so we could enjoy it when we arrived and told us we could pay him for it once we got there. He also had a beautiful wine he purchased for us that he had as an amenity, along with water, fruit and orange juice. I was blown away.

Dependance Machiavelli was absolutely perfect for our time there. It was spacious, functional and gorgeous. I felt like it looked like a home you would find in a home magazine or if you are from the states, something you would see on HGTV. Next door to the apartment is a delicious pastry shop, which is very affordable, a grocery store and a few blocks down, a delicious gelato shop. The location is perfect because it's very close to the train station, the Duomo and many other fantastic shops and restaurants. Pierpaolo checked on us multiple times during our stay to see if things were going well or if there was anything we needed. He also helped with restaurant reservations. He truly cares about his guests and went way over above and beyond. I have told everyone I possibly can about how amazing this apartment is and the hospitality of Pierpaolo. He left a lasting impression on us that we will forever be grateful for. We will return one day, and I hope very soon!

Your age range 35-49
Mar 7, 2017
Dear Heather !!
How wonderful to hear from you !!
Thank you very much for your lovely review. I am so happy to learn that you have enjoyed your stay in Florence and in my apartment. It has a been a truly pleasure to meet you and Richard and I look forward to welcoming you both again soon in the future.
Ethan Y
“Beyond amazing!”
Reviewed November 15, 2016 for a stay in November 2016

Perfect is an understatement as this place is beyond perfection in all aspects - location, interior, space, quality... everything is just perfect. Four nights seemed too short!

Mr Pierpaolo was amazing. He went above and beyond what a normal host would do. Thanks for having us and we will definitely recommend this place to our friends and family!

Nov 17, 2016
Dear Lisa,
How wonderful to hear from you !! I am so happy to learn that you have enjoyed your stay in Florence and in my apartment. It has been a real pleasure to meeting you and I look forward to welcoming you both again in the future
Ryan G
Walsall, United Kingdom
“Wonderful host”
Reviewed November 9, 2016 for a stay in November 2016

On arriving you are greeted by the most welcoming host in Pierpaolo. You are instantly relaxed and made to feel like you are visiting an old friend. We were shown where all of the best sights in Florence were, as well as recommendations for restaurants and cafe's, all of which are within short walking distance. The apartment is very modern and stylish, everything you need is there. The bedroom is very cosy and the bed very comfy. We had a brilliant stay and were very sad to leave.
Thank you for the stay Pierpaolo!

Nov 10, 2016
Dear Ryan !!
How wonderful to hear from you !! I am so happy to learn tha you have enjoyed your stay in my apartment. It has been a real pleasure to meeting you and I hope to be able to welcome you both again soon in the future
Pierpaolo
Ramayani
Singapore
“Highly recommended apartment in florence”
Reviewed October 27, 2016 for a stay in October 2016

We arrived at the apartment and was warmly greeted by Mr Pierpaolo (owner).The moment we entered the apartment, the place is exactly shown in the website or even better. Very tastefully deco and super clean. He help us with our luggages and explain the do & don't. After which, he give us an orientation of florence (very knowledgeable).Not forgetting the loads of complimentary stuffs like fruits basket, wine, coffee, tea, etc etc...Give us time to settle down and offer us a meet up to answer any question we have regarding the apt or Places of interrst. In less than 5 mins, we felt like we're stay in our best friend's place. I will not hesitate to recommend anyone visiting Florence to stay in Dependence Machiavelli. Truly 5 stars service from Mr Pierpaolo.

Nov 2, 2016
How wonderful to hear from you !!
I am so happy to learn that you have enjoyed your stay in Florence and in my apartment. It has been a real pleausure to meeting you and to welcome you both
I look forward to welcoming you again soon in the future
Joelene P
London, United Kingdom
“Stunning apartment...great location and a very attentive and friendly host”
Reviewed September 19, 2016 for a stay in September 2016

Pierpaolo has been an amazing host from booking until the end of our trip in Florence. The apartment is accurately reflected in the pictures, and very pretty and modern. On check-in we were shown around the apartment by Pierpaolo's dad and Pierpaolo came to meet us an hour or so later. He had lots of recommendations for tours and restaurants (everything we tried were delicious). Even after we checked out, nothing was too much hassle or effort to sort out. My lack of Italian and some of the companies I needed to deal with lack of English really presented a challenge, but Pierpaolo sorted it all out, which left me to enjoy my time in Italy and not worry about any administrative arrangements, be that tour or taxi arrangements. Thanks for making our holiday in Florence and Tuscany one of the best holidays to date. I look forward to visiting Florence again for some more exploring and I will definitely book in advance.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Pierpaolo's recommendations and helpfulness during the trip made our holiday even better than expected. It was as if we were visiting with a friend. It is unsual to feel that at home while travelling.
Liked least: There was absolutely nothing to complain about.
Traveling group: Friends
Your age range 25-34
Recommended for:
Friends getaway
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Sep 20, 2016
Dear Joelene,
What a lovely surprize to receive your review !! It has been a pleasure to welcome you in my apartment and I am so pleased to learn that you have enjoyed your stay.
I look forward to welcoming you again soon in the future
Pierpaolo
bren7993
Wakefield, United Kingdom
“I like the best. . . . . and so I stay here . . . .”
Reviewed July 29, 2016 for a stay in June 2016

You have chosen , for whatever reason, and will be visiting unique and beautiful Florence and of course you want to stay in a residence that is pristine in every way - this is the place for you. It will become obvious to you that the owner is fastidious with regard to good décor and cleanliness. This does not mean that your comfort, relaxation and convenience will be impeded in any way - far from it, have no fears on any score.

My only fear is it will be fully booked when I book again !

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The whole place
Liked least: Sorry - couldn't think of anything - or find anything !
Traveling group: Solo
Your age range 65+
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
2101985
Mumbai, India
“Unreal Chic Apartment”
Reviewed June 13, 2016 for a stay in June 2016

The apartment was so chic and clean. It was unbelievable. Clean, neat, not a scratch or dent anywhere. The owner is an amazingly friendly and helpful person.

Traveling group: Spouse/Partner
Jun 13, 2016
thank you for your lovely review.
I am so happy to learn that you have enjoyed your stay in Florence and in my apartment. It has been a real pleasure to meeting you and I look forward to welcoming you both again soon in the future.
With best regards,
Pierpaolo - Dependance Machiavelli - Firenze
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing