“Better Places To Go...”

Sat, 4/13
8:00 PM
Ranked #6 of 2,718 Restaurants in Florence
Neighborhood: Piazza dell'Indipendenza
Description: Lovely family restaurant in Florence center, in a quiet street near the train station, 10 minutes to the Duomo and very close to Fortezza da Basso, with a nice indoor garden. Here you can find Own Organics Wines and Extravergin Olive Oil directly from our farm, located in the middle of Chianti hills. Our Specialties are the very good quality Meat in particular the Florentine T-Bone Steack and Game Meat, Homemade Fresh Pasta and everytime fresh vegetables dishes. The owner's daughter, has dedicated the name of this restaurant to the farm of her uncles, wher she was born and raised.
Reviewed November 29, 2017

While this place was quaint and had a nice little courtyard, it was pretty far from the Duomo (center of town) and the food was pretty average. I think there are plenty of places that are better, especially if you don't eat meat. The cheese platter was pretty tasty, but I ordered the eggplant parmesan and was pretty surprised at how weird it was (which my Italian dinner mates agreed with). We didn't bother having dessert.

Date of visit: July 2017
1  Thank fionagvp

Reviewed November 24, 2017

We are here after my son read the online reviews- he pointed out to me that they had eggplant parmigiana- one of my favorites. We chose to eat here for our thanksgiving dinner and we're not disappointed. My son polished off the 0.6kg bistecca- the smallest size the kitchen could find! The vegetables and caprese salad were fantastic and they had the best tiramisu I ate in Florence.

1  Thank Reddogmd
Reviewed November 20, 2017 via mobile

This restaurant was a short and rather difficult walk from our hotel due to the roadworks taking place. It was certainly worth it though. We hadn’t booked as we didn’t know what time our sightseeing would finish so went along for 7 pm and they gave us a table but explained we would have to vacate by 8.30 which was fine. We started with the wild boar ragu with pasta and it was stunning. We both had the osso buco which was fall apart tender with a little spoon to scoop the marrow bone. It was a lovely dish. A good bottle of their own red wine matched the food well. Our waitress was charming and spoke very good English, showing an interest in us and our enjoyment of the food. We can wholeheartedly recommend this family run restaurant.

1  Thank Susan S
Reviewed November 11, 2017 via mobile

Read the review from Tripadvisor and decided to try this restaurant. And it was really worth it.

The Florence T-Bone steak is one of the best I have tried. We took a 1.2kg T-Bone for 3 and it was heavenly. My family really enjoyed it.

And to top it up, the nice server recommended a great red wine to go with it.

The combination was just perfect.

The Tuscany soup was also very good.

Highly recommended if you are staying near the train station.

A must try.

Reviewed October 21, 2017 via mobile

Of the many places to eat in Florence we chose here to eat on the last evening of our visit and we were so glad we did. Very friendly and welcoming, small but perfectly formed. The food was amazing. The ossobucco was exceptional and my mum's steak was the best she had ever had. My sister said she could have eaten the caprese salad again and again. The deserts were being freshly made as we walked in on them opening. The prices were reasonable and I highly recommend giving this place a go. When we were ready to leave the owner happily called a taxi for us. I honestly could not fault the food or staff.

Date of visit: October 2017