“Good, basic food at reasonable prices”
Review of Gusto Leo

Gusto Leo
Ranked #307 of 2,786 Restaurants in Florence
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Local cuisine, Large groups, Families with children
Neighborhood: Duomo
Reviewed July 18, 2013

Fast service; very good and wide selection of dishes; very reasonable prices; friendly service, including a nice complimentary cordial after our meal.

There are newer reviews for Gusto Leo

Reviewed July 9, 2013

We were in Florence for about three weeks and ate here almost every day.

Some days we would get a quick pizza to go from the brick oven. Other days we would have a sit down meal.

The staff was always very friendly and very accommodating to different cultures with no hassles.

I really liked it that the price on the menu was everything included. No hidden fees or sitting charges.

When visiting Florence you will at some point walk past this place. The road from the back of the Duomo to the Ufizzi via the Bargello runs right past it. In fact it is located directly across from the Bargello and the Badia Tower.

Reviewed July 6, 2013 via mobile

My mom and I stumbled upon this place while walking back to our hotel. We noticed that the menu was big, so we decided to check it out. I ordered the lasagna, and it was probably my favorite meal since being in Italy. It was a perfect portion for lunch! I definitely would recommend going here!!

Reviewed July 1, 2013

We went to Gusto Leo 3 nights in a row, food was really good, reasonable prices and waitresses were super nice with us. We were treated very good, we even got a free "primo piatto" meal !
The Tiramisù was heaven (waitress gave us the recipe because she makes it herself) and the oven-baked pizzas are delicious! And the limoncello is free after each meal, served with a big smile, which is not the case so often ;-)
A place to recommend in Firenze, really!
Torniamo l'anno prossimo, grazie per tutto!

Reviewed June 24, 2013 via mobile

We found this place when we were very hungry and it was about to rain. Went in against my better judgement as was a little worried that the bright yellow might mean the worst kind of cheap and cheerful. I shouldn't have worried. The service was brisk, efficient and friendly. The pizza was excellent - thin, crisp, sizzling and tasty. I rarely eat a whole pizza but this was too good to leave. The side bean stew was delicious and the house red was perfect for a pizza lunch. Good coffee. Perfect.