“Who doesn't love gelato?”
Review of Grom

Grom
Ranked #20 of 215 Dessert in Florence
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Takeout
Neighborhood: Duomo
Okarche, Oklahoma, USA
“Who doesn't love gelato?”
Reviewed November 21, 2013

Personally, I've never had "bad" gelato, but this was outstanding. Wish we'd spent more time in Florence so we could have eaten more of it.

Visited November 2013

• Turkish first
Florence, Italy
“It's very OK”
Reviewed November 17, 2013

The Gelato is good. But in my opinion, Grom itself is very overrated. When I pay 3,50 for a cup of gelato, I expect 3,5 of gelato. In my experiences there I have found that they are a little too skimpy with portion sizes. I've been there an have gotten a 3,5 cup of gelato where the gelato isn't even flush with the lip of the cup (not to mention the bottom of the cup is indented so the portion looks bigger than it is. Take your money and go to Santa Trinita. Better service, better gelato and way bigger portions (like almost too much)

• Visited October 2013
Singapore
“Grumpy Grom”
Reviewed November 11, 2013

Firstly, the gelato product itself doesn't deserve this terrible rating. In fact, the gelato is quite pleasant, although servings are small compared to other gelato places in Florence. What really really puts us off is that there is this 1 lady staff on the morning of the 8th Nov, who was extremely rude to every single customer who came in, during the 20 minutes that we spent at this gelateria. I really think this lady shouldn't be serving customers...since she is so grumpy and serves with a scowl. This staff gave this place a bad name, and really spoilt the whole experience too. I will not go back there, and will advice all of you to just head to the other gelato places in Florence such as Carabe, Santa Trinita, de Neri, which gives you great gelato, great value and a great experience!

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank travelsk
“Best Gelato”
Reviewed November 7, 2013

This is by far the best gelato we had in Italy!!! We vsitied 3 times (that's how much we loved the place)!!! Pistacchio and lemon are highly recommended.

Visited July 2013
Georgetown
“Very good”
Reviewed November 6, 2013

I enjoyed the gelato but the only drawback was that the containers are all covered with a tin and you can't see what you are ordering. I thought it was good but there are lots of good gelato places in Florence. I would prefer those that allow you to see before ordering so we did not return.

• Visited September 2013