“A wonderful your” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of I Bike Tuscany

I Bike Tuscany
More attraction details
Owner description: Small group and private fully guided bike tours (single and multi-day) in the gorgeous Tuscan countryside. You'll pedal quiet back roads around Florence, Chianti, Siena, Val d'Orcia and elsewhere. Personalized service with pick up and drop off at or near your hotel. All fitness/skill levels and fully van-supported. Several rides to choose from for varied interests, including wine and olive oil tasting, gelato tasting, historic castles and off-the-beaten path medieval villages. First-rate equipment (and electric bikes too!). Ask about our new cooking class ride for foodies! Florentine Marco Vignoli, a former bicycle racer, founded I Bike Tuscany. His wish is to share with you his passion for amazing scenery, adventure, great food and wine and, of course, biking. It's his belief there is no better or more exciting way to experience the singularly beautiful region of his homeland than from the seat of a "bicicletta," and so has worked hard to create some very special and unique itineraries that we're sure will have you believing the same. We look forward to your joining us for a day (or trip) you'll keep in your heart, take home with you and never forget.
Central Florida, Florida
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“A wonderful your”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 10, 2013 via mobile

I had the opportunity to ride the Florence to Sienna trip. It started out rainy but we had decided to go forth. We were so glad we did it turned out to be a magical ride. Elizabeth stayed ahead in the swag wagon taken pictures and carrying the extra gear. What a great tour guide and wine aficionado. The true essence of the Italian country side is only done justice on a bike. Loved the ride and the guide.
Tim

Pompton Plains, New Jersey
“Chianti Wine Ride”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 9, 2013

I booked this trip in February for our November Florence Vacation. It was a delight to deal with them from the very beginning. Elizabeth was in contact with us from the start. We had a meeting place outside the train station at 930 am and she was there right on time. We travelled 30 minutes outside to start our ride. A few hills all very manageable for non bikers. The only problem was each winery told the same story about the Chianti Classico Region. Once our journey was over Elizabeth completed the day by taking us to the most amazing view of Florence at sunset. Total surprise and above what we had imagined. Thank you again for and amazing day.

Visited November 2013
Guaynabo, null, Puerto Rico
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“I Bike Tuscany, Great way to do something different in Tuscany”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 6, 2013

We book to tour with them, Florence to Siena and Chianti. For us this was the best part of our recent trip to Florence, this was our 3rd time in Florence and we had a great time with them, as an experience cyclist I can confirm that they were very safe in the route and approach to ridding in Italy.

1 Thank Jan K
Atlanta, Georgia
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“A Dream Come True-The Highlight of the Trip!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2013

I have always dreamed of cycling in Tuscany. We did the Florence-Sienna Ride and LOVED it! We left Florence on a rainy , drizzly morning and plugged through what turned out to be the absolute highpoint of our trip. The ride was a perfect balance of a challenging ride -with stops for gelato, wine tasting and finally lunch and some time to walk around Sienna. Having your own private swag car to carry extra layers, water and purchases made along the way was an added bonus. I have vivid memories that will remain with me of the breathtaking views and the smells of the countryside.I truly believe that this is the BEST way of taking in the stunning countryside. It has wet my appetite for a return trip that hopefully will encompass several days of riding. Elizabeth (our guide) gets an A+ for her knowledge of wine and working up a challenging and beautiful ride.

1 Thank Marie M
Missoula, Montana
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“The worst experience”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 31, 2013

Let me start by saying that I have never written a bad review of anything, anywhere but this experience deserves a truthful comment. My husband, cousin and I were signed up for the Chianti wine tour, October 21,2013. We woke up that morning to torrential rain, high winds and SEVERE lightening that continued all day. The weather was so bad that some towns experienced devastating flooding. It would have been impossible for any one to bike in the extremely unsafe conditions. At one point, it hailed! It was even unsafe to be driving.... Instead of the tour being cancelled, we were shuffled in a van from winery to winery, listening to repetitive lectures about Chianti wine. Our guide, Paula (I think that was here name), hardly said one word, except to say that we weren't missing much by not biking (geez.....). There was no explanation of what was going on at any time during the day. The tour was supposed to include a stop in Greve to see the town and have lunch. Even that did not occur. The only food we had all day was a little cheese, salami and bread at the last winery. Total disappointment. We all should have stayed in bed and lost just our deposit...instead we paid top dollar for a wet day of riding in a dirty van, visiting more wineries than we needed or wanted to visit. The day might not have been as bad if the guide at least communicated with us.

1 Thank prst_1
supertuscan58, Owner at I Bike Tuscany, responded to this review, November 22, 2013
Dear guest,

I am terribly sorry to hear about your experience with us. After reading your review I immediately contacted our guide Paula for an explanation. She was just as shocked and upset by it as I was, having received no indication at any point during the day, or after the tour, that you were in any way unhappy. Of course she knew it was disappointing that bad weather prevented biking that day, but per our cancellation policy, we offered several alternative options, including canceling your tour, rescheduling for another day or touring the Chianti countryside by van, of which you chose the last. As for Paula's comment that you wouldn't miss much by not biking, I think there was a misunderstanding. The Wine Ride (per our website description) is a beginner tour for wine lovers, and as such is focused mainly on winery tours and tasting with less emphasis on the cycling portion compared to our other itineraries. Even so, our practice is to make a rainy day itinerary just as fun, informative and rewarding as our regular bike tours, going the extra mile (or ten or twenty!) to make up for the bad weather. We regret that our newest guide Paula did not have the opportunity for more "rainy day" training due to almost perfect biking conditions in Tuscany all summer. This has been corrected, but I take full responsibility since, as you can see by her otherwise exemplary reviews on this site, she is an extremely friendly, enthusiastic and conscientious trip leader.

Regarding the van, we pride ourselves on the cleanliness of our vehicles, inside and out, but on a rainy, muddy day (thankfully, as mentioned above, rare during the normal biking season) it is not always possible to keep them as spotless as we would like.

Lunch in Greve has not been on the itinerary for the Wine Ride since last year. We found our clients who chose this tour overwhelmingly preferred the opportunity to visit another winery (where we now have light lunch)instead. It seems your villa rental company who recommended us was not aware of this change. Most of the time we deal directly with clients ourselves, thus avoiding such misunderstandings, but in the future we will definitely make sure that any intermediary agent has our most recent itineraries. We apologize for this confusion and so wish you had mentioned something to Paula as she would have been more than happy to accommodate you and include Greve in the day.

All of this said, I again can't tell you how sorry I am to learn of your dissatisfaction. Our clients' happiness with our service is of the utmost importance to us. For this reason I would really appreciate if you would take a moment of your time to get in touch with me personally so I can better understand your one star review and if there were any other issues I should be aware of.

Marco Vignoli