“Bike/Walk Ride in Tuscany”
Review of I Bike Tuscany

I Bike Tuscany
More attraction details
Owner description: Small group and private fully guided bike tours (single and multi-day) in the gorgeous Tuscan countryside. You'll pedal quiet back roads around Florence, Chianti, Siena, Val d'Orcia and elsewhere. Personalized service with pick up and drop off at or near your hotel. All fitness/skill levels and fully van-supported. Several rides to choose from for varied interests, including wine and olive oil tasting, gelato tasting, historic castles and off-the-beaten path medieval villages. First-rate equipment (and electric bikes too!). Ask about our new cooking class ride for foodies! Florentine Marco Vignoli, a former bicycle racer, founded I Bike Tuscany. His wish is to share with you his passion for amazing scenery, adventure, great food and wine and, of course, biking. It's his belief there is no better or more exciting way to experience the singularly beautiful region of his homeland than from the seat of a "bicicletta," and so has worked hard to create some very special and unique itineraries that we're sure will have you believing the same. We look forward to your joining us for a day (or trip) you'll keep in your heart, take home with you and never forget.
Grand Rapids, Michigan
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Bike/Walk Ride in Tuscany”
Reviewed February 9, 2013

Well let me first say that my wife 57 & myself 58 were not in shape. Hence the title Bike/Walk...There are a lot of hills and unless you are in pretty good shape it can be a stretch. Would I still go again ? Yes I would. The countryside is beautiful. The winery where we stopped for lunch and wine was gorgeous. The ride back is more down hill so it's not quite as bad. Our leader was awesome and this place is first class. They do follow you with a van and are willing to help out should you need it. I did get a T-Shirt for being last! We met some really nice people and it was a beautiful day. Lots of picture opportunities along the way.

Visited September 2012
1 Thank Gordy M

Broomfield, Colorado
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Wine, Tuscany, Bikes...what's not to like?!”
Reviewed January 22, 2013

My wife and I took the Wine Ride Tour in September 2012. The tour began at a winery where we had a tour of the facilities and then a tasting. We were there in mid-September which happened to be harvest time and were lucky enough to see some of the first grapes of the season starting their process into wine. We then mounted the bikes and headed out for a fairly short, maybe 1 or 2 miles, ride to the next winery. At this winery we had a tour of the grounds, the facilities, and then were treated to a nice and light tuscan lunch and another tasting. After that, we embarked on the remainder of the ride which included an uphill climb to the town of Panzano and then a downhill descent into Greve in Chianti.

Bikes, 2 wine tastings, tuscan hills, winding roads with traffic...sounds like a terrible idea but it was a lot of fun! The wine and food were great and it was nice to spend a day outside seeing the countryside from a bike. Our guides Elizabeth and Rafaelle were awesome and this was one of the highlights of our trip. My only caution is that while this is labeled as a beginner ride, Tuscany is very hilly so don't expect an easy stroll through the countryside. This ride included a climb that was probably 3 miles or so and while I'm not an avid rider, I was able to make it to the top of the climb without jumping in the back of the support vehicle, but it was about all I could handle.

Visited September 2012
supertuscan58, Owner at I Bike Tuscany, responded to this review, January 30, 2013
Dear Reviewer,

Thank you so much for your kind words. We are very happy to know that you enjoyed your day with us and that we had the opportunity to show you Tuscany from a different perspective...a bike seat!

That said, I felt the need of clarifying to our potential clients that the uphill to Panzano is part of the additional 10 miles that we offer as an option on the Wine Ride, as specified in the description of this tour on our website. The original ride IS suitable for beginners and ends at the bottom of the beautiful downhill after lunch. The uphill to the village of Panzano is an option that we offer to those whom, like you, are more experienced riders and enjoy the extra challenge.

Thank you again and hope to see you soon on another biking adventure with us!

Marco Vignoli
Montclair, NJ
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Wonderful Way to see Tuscany!”
Reviewed December 15, 2012

We had a wonderful day of biking, eating and wine tasting with Marco! My husband loves to bike, so he was really excited for a bike ride while we were in Tuscany. I was concerned about the hills, but wanted to try it out. Marco set up the perfect ride for us - enough hills to keep my husband happy, but enough rests to keep me happy. Plus, Marco was always keeping an eye out for me and ready to give me a ride in the van or advice about which gear to use on the bike.
The bike gear he used was in great condition, and he had us do a short ride to start the day, so we were all comfortable on the bikes.
Plus, the wineries he selected were terrific! The people who gave us the tours and the tastings were all interesting characters who shared delicious food and wines. And Marco himself is great company - he clearly loves his job, loves biking, and loves meeting new people.
Whether you are a serious biker or just a novice, you can't go wrong spending some time biking with Marco!

Visited May 2012
Amesbury, Massachusetts
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“A Fantastic Day In Chianti”
Reviewed November 15, 2012

The group of friends I was touring with had varying degrees of bike experience. One, an experienced biker, one a bit less but pretty adventurous, another with an illness that causes her concern about muscle weakness and myself who hadn’t been on a bike in years. That said, we decided on the easiest tour which was in beautiful scenic Chianti and either flat or down hill. If any of us had any anxiety about the ride, that was about to change once we met our guide Elizabeth. In no time at all, she made sure that everyone was comfortable and explained to us how to stay safe so that we could enjoy the ride. The friend concerned with the muscle weakness rode along in Elizabeth’s car at the front and I (the slow and hesitant rider) stayed in the back, always hearing the sound of the van following me. We felt safe and relaxed and had a wonderful time. I highly recommend this company. It was a great experience for all of us. Also, I forgot to mention that when Elizabeth saw my disappointment that my bike didn’t have anywhere to put my large camera, emptied her personal bag and gave it to me to use and thanks to her, I have some wonderful pictures of our ride.

Visited October 2012
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Gelato and Biking!!!”
Reviewed October 25, 2012

So we had the best day ever with Elizabethafter spending a fabulous morning with Simone at his gelateria in Casteliana in Chianti. He made home made chocolate gelato like we have never had before and then brought out his secret stash of all different delicious flavors of gelato.It was such a fun way to see and taste good gelato up front and personal! Then off to the hills of Tuscany ( down hill, coasting!) Gorgeous!!!! Please spend a day with Elizabeth, Marco and Raphael! You will count it among your favorite days in Tuscany. We did!!!
Peg and Glenn