“Great experience”

Neighborhood: Santa Maria Novella
Edinburgh, UK
“Great experience”
Reviewed February 20, 2013

This was one of our favourite restaurants on our trip to Florence. The staff were very attentive, the food as lovely as all the reviews, the wine was lush but what won us over was the atmosphere. Very down-to-earth and very enjoyable.

Visited February 2013
1 Thank busastep

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Jakarta
“My Go To Restaurant in Florence”
Reviewed February 18, 2013

This is the one restaurant I will definitely go to when I go to Florence. The owner, Maximillianus is the best. The must orders are the Florentine Steak, Butter Chicken (to die for), for those who enjoy it, Florentine Tripe, and the Meringue Cake for dessert. Their wine selection are limited, but priced fairly well. Make a reservation before hand because they are most likely always full for dinner. Expect to sit next to other people because it is quite small. I came here with my family along with a 2 year old and on a different occasion, with my wife and friends. We sat next to strangers and had a great meal and great discussions with people next to us. All of us had a great experience. If you're not looking for a traditional meal while sitting next to strangers then I would suggest not going here. For me, this restaurant is a truly wonderful experience one must not miss in Florence.

• Visited June 2012
Baltimore, Maryland
“So authentic, even the locals dine here”
Reviewed February 14, 2013

After trying sostanza's famous butter chicken and florentine steak, it's no wonder this place is so popular with the locals. We've visited Florence twice and dined here 3 times. The food is wonderful, and the staff are so friendly and welcoming.

Reservations are highly suggested for dinner since they only offer 2 seatings, and yes I have seen people turned away because they pop up between seatings. Reservations aren't necessary for lunch though, and they still offer their full menu during the day. Every time I've dined here, it has been a mix of locals and tourists, but I always love dining where the locals do, and the communal tables are a good way for you to rub elbows with them. They are super friendly!

Prices are reasonable and comparable to other places in Florence, but I think the quality and portions are better here. The chicken is €16, and the steak is €25 (€50/kg).

Tips: bring cash because they do not accept credit cards. There is an ATM 3 minutes away though. Make a dinner reservation- we've made same day reservations with no problem, so I don't think it's somewhere you have to reserve days in advance. When ordering the steak, you will not be asked how you'd like it cooked; it is cooked rare, as it is anywhere else in Florence. Trust them- they know what they're doing. Although I order my meat medium rare or medium wherever I dine, I would not insist that they cook it differently from how it is automatically prepared. It is so good and tender!

• Visited February 2013
Brooklyn, New York
“Wow”
Reviewed February 14, 2013

Florentine steak is a thing to behold ... we split a huge steak and a butter chicken ... and wow, just wow.... Not very expensive for the kind of meal we had... a bottle of wine and some bread... one of the best meals I have ever had ... Be warned ... you will most likely not get a seat without a reservation, esp during travel season

• Visited November 2012
Wakefield, Massachusetts
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“always a fun night!”
Reviewed February 14, 2013

Great food - interesting people to meet and sit next to...and the wait staff and cooks are the best!!

Visited February 2013