“Excellent pizzas and atmosphere”
Review of 'O Munaciello

'O Munaciello
Ranked #318 of 2,786 Restaurants in Florence
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Santo Spirito / San Frediano
Reviewed July 23, 2013

Went for early dinner with a 6 and 3 year old. Excellent service, surroundings and food. Would go again

There are newer reviews for 'O Munaciello

Reviewed July 5, 2013

we did not enjoy this restaurant as much as the other reviewers. the pizza was just average - nothing special. the pasta was a bit bland. the service was very disappointing. the waiters were nice, but completely overwhelmed. i would only eat here if every other restaurant was full.

Reviewed June 13, 2013

We had been in Italy for 2 weeks and had not had n outstanding meal, good but not the wow factor. Our guide of the day told us about this restaurant which is down Via Maffia !!! Anyway do not let the name of the street or the fact you feel like you are going nowhere fool you. We walked at least halfway down a deserted street until we came upon this very funky restaurant. My husband had the beef cut which he tells me melted in his mouth and I was recommend the tuna cut, absolutely divine. Our son had the marghetria pizza which he tells us was the best by far. Great wine and birra to match. Even though we didn't book, as we did get there early around 8ish, would recommend it. This is where the locals eat. Classics with a few twists.

Reviewed June 3, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I went here on a tour guides recommendation, and I'll admit I was skeptical after reading some reviews here. The pizza is made in a wood fired oven and they are huge, delicious, and reasonable! Pasta is also good. Our server was not the nicest, but not a big deal. the atmosphere is also fun. Beware...the menu is only in Italian...which is bad if you don't know what you are ordering but in my opinion means the food is more authentic!

Reviewed May 28, 2013

Recommended to us by another restauranteur (and she even booked us a table for the next night!) this is a large, busy and buzzing pizzeria. Lots to see but the pizzas were truly terrific. I started with mussels and clams in a great white wine and cream sauce and had a 'medium hot' sausage pizza - really excellent.