“been 3 times... no complaints”

Ristorante Giglio Rosso
Reserve with
Save up to 50% when you reserve online *
Ristorante Giglio Rosso is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #642 of 2,909 Restaurants in Florence
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Special occasions, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Neighborhood: Santa Maria Novella
Reviewed October 21, 2013

....albeit in a touristy area.... small restaurant.... not much to look at inside, but the food is good and the service is the classic Italian service I have grown to love. we walked in unannounced with a wedding party of 12 and the didn't miss a step.... all orders were made without error. I recommend it.

Reviewed October 21, 2013

We were recommended to this restaurant by our hotel. Good location on one of the main shopping streets. Good fresh food and friendly waitress. Reasonable price and good service.

Reviewed October 13, 2013

This is my first-ever negative review on TripAdvisor, but I felt compelled to write this because this was the worst restaurant my family and I have ever dined at in any country we have ever visited. We ate at Giglio Rosso during a day trip to Florence and had traveled from our villa in Siena. It was pouring rain, and we just could not find anything open, so we ate here on the recommendation of the concierge at a nearby hotel as we were rather desperate. The food was simply horrifying. I ordered bruschetta to play it safe with a side of "Tuscan" beans. I could not even eat the bruschetta the bread was so stale, and the tomatoes were white. In addition, the beans were clearly a can that was opened up and thrown in a microwave. My entire family's meals were equally terrible. The carafe of house red was the only thing we could consume. I would not recommend anyone dine here on a trip to Florence - go elsewhere.

1  Thank JMBoston_9
Reviewed October 4, 2013 via mobile

We walked pass this cosy restaurant and decide to check it out. The food is so good that we came here for dinner 3 days straight during our stay in florence. Cosy place, reasonable price, great food, warm service staff. Must try!

Reviewed September 26, 2013

I love this restaurant! The food is traditional and delicious and the service is a little quirky and extremely good. 10 out of 10 from me!