“What a view!!!”

Alla Dimora Altea
Ranked #156 of 640 Florence B&B and Inns
“What a view!!!”
Reviewed May 23, 2013 via mobile

Without a doubt, the view from the rooftop terrace is totally worth the slightly extra walk from things. The room was nice (we had room #1 with direct access to the rooftop) and the bed was a full size (not two pushed together). The view overlooked the train station (which we surprisingly barely heard) and between two smokestacks (that never actually smoked) there was the Duomo. Breakfast was good as we enjoyed it on the terrace. And they had an elevator, which after four days of walking in Rome, was very much appreciated. It is about a 20 minute walk to the Duomo and about 10 minutes to the train station. Even the coffee machine was good! We highly recommend this hotel for your stay in Florence (and request room #1).

• Stayed May 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Crown Point, Indiana, Usa
Reviewed May 22, 2013

I stayed here in may for a few nights and it was great. Matteo was very welcoming and helped me book a wine tour right away for the next day and looked up train times for me to go to Pisa as well. He gave me a few different maps when i arrived and suggested places to go. My room was always cleaned when I came back from running around for the day and the room was always stocked with breakfast snacks. They have a nice coffee machine in the center of the B&B that I thought made very good capuccino:) The view was amazing!! The terrace is off of the kitchen and it is so beautiful.. I could sit out there for hours. The place was very clean and comfortable. Its about a 15 min walk from the train station so if you have a heavy suitcase(like me haha) you might want to get a cab. I walked to major sites from here and it only took about 20 min to get to center of florence. I LOVED this B&B and would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Bangkok, Thailand
Reviewed May 7, 2013

I stayed at this BB in April 2013 for 2 nights. It was a fantastic stay! The owner was very nice. Room was clean and well decorated. My husband and I loved spending time at the terrace. If you don't mind walking around 15 minutes(with luggage) from the main train station, I would recommend this place.

Norwich, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 20, 2013

A fantastic B&B with a Lovely feel to it. About a 15 minute walk to the center of Florence and lots of shops along the way. The room was spacious and clean and the breakfast was a typical continental breakfast which was enjoyable. Felt very welcomed on arrival and was recommended by the owner of the B&B lots of lovely places to see and eat at. Overall a wonderful stay at the Alla Dimora Altea and would highly recommend staying here. :)

1 Thank chloetrench
Reviewed April 19, 2013 via mobile

I dont mind walking extra 15 minutes for a quality place to stay for a reasonable price. With that being said Alla Dimora Altea was an excellent choice given that it had a hospitable staff, nice balcony, breakfast, spacious accomodation, and meticulous room keeping. Its close to a decent barber, wine shop, and a laundry cafe, making it a pretty convenient place to stay for a few nights.

• Stayed April 2013
1 Thank kummikun
Scotland
Reviewed April 19, 2013

My boyfriend and I stayed for 3 nights in April. The B&B is a 5 minute walk (in a straight line up) from the train station. Matteo met us on arrival and showed us our room. The room was spacious,and clean - what more could you ask for.

Matteo gave us a map and told us all the places we should visit (this was our first time in Florence). He also gave some restaurant recommendations. We tried two of them and were very pleased - lovely food and wine, again what more could you ask for.

We only really slept in the room as Florence is too beautiful a city to be stuck in a hotel/b&b all day and we had no complaints.

There is free wifi which is a huge plus. Breakfast consisted of croissants, pre-packaged toasts, jams, chocolate spread, tea, juice and a fob to get one coffee or hot chocolate per person per day. This is a typical continental breakfast and so we had no complaints. Breakfast is put in your room each day when it is being cleaned so that it is there for you in the morning to have when you want. We liked the freedom of not having a set breakfast time.

We were checking out early on the day of departure so we settled our bill the day before and left our keys in the room - the whole process was very smooth. Matteo is around each morning from 9am and is happy to answer any queries.

Although the location of the b&b is in the centre of Florence it is not in the historic area. This could be a problem if you wanted to pop back after a long day exploring the city however it is only a five minute walk and we did not find this a problem.

For the price paid we had no complaints. Would recommend if you wish to stay in Florence on a budget.

Overall a great stay.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 15, 2013

Me and my mum spent a night in the Alla Dimora Altea about a week ago, and it was a really nice hotel. Matteo was very helpful, he even recommended us places to see (it was my first trip to Florence, as for my mum, she'd been there, but about 40 years ago). We're planning our next trip back. :-)

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family