“An ideal combination of location and comfort”
other travelers have booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Inquiry
Excellent
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
Alan_Kay
Sydney, Australia
“An ideal combination of location and comfort”
Reviewed December 23, 2016 for a stay in September 2016
people found this review helpful

I can't understand why there are only two reviews of this place to date, though I admit that I was almost tempted not to write one too; mainly because I want the place for myself when I eventually return to Firenze.

Four of us had a three day booking in September of 2016 (Monday night to Wednesday night), though a scheduling issue meant that we didn't arrive until the Tuesday morning. (Incidentally the property manager was very flexible with regard to this scheduling.) I do wish it could have been longer because this place is close to ideal.

Location
I can't say how easy or not it is to get to by car (because I wasn't crazy enough to try driving in Italian cities) but by train it's perfect. The location is just across from the Santa Maria Novella railway station, so when we arrived by train it was just a case of hauling our bags out of the station and across the road. (Standing at the platform end of the station looking away from the rail lines, turn right to get to Via Luigi Alamanni. Go right a little way down that street, then left onto Via degli Orti Oricellari.)

There are tramlines nearby as well as some bus routes, so it's easy to connect to anywhere inside (or, by train, outside) of Firenze, though the city is small enough that most destinations are easily walkable for anyone of average fitness.

There is a good range of restaurants within walking distance. If you're eating in there is one supermarket on the same block and another just a few doors down from the other side of the railway station.

A restaurant (Ristorante I 4 Amici) is located on the opposite side of the street; we had a very nice dinner there on our final night before departure. There's a small café just next door for snacks.

Despite the central location we had no problems at all with noise. The apartment is on the first floor and the windows (with shutters) help keep the noise at bay.

In addition to the cost of the apartment itself there is a city tax to be paid; for us, that was dealt with by the property manager when we were checked in. The amount varies according to the accommodation level but it's less than 5 Euros per night. (5 is at the time of writing the price for a 5 star hotel. I can't remember what our rate was.)

The Building.
There are large, locked wooden doors on the ground floor facing the street. You're provided with a key to those. Just watch out for dog droppings on the sidewalk. Italy is a very dog-friendly country and while most owners clean up after their four legged friends, some don't as our shoes found out one day.
The apartment is actually up four flights of stairs (there is an office of some description on a mezzanine level) so there's a bit of hauling to do if you have bags. We didn't find it a problem, though admittedly I had an easier time of it since one of my group grabbed my bag and hauled it up while I was dealing with the paperwork.
Visitors with limited mobility may have a bit of a problem with this, but for those in average condition it shouldn't be a huge problem.

The Apartment
There are two bedrooms. One has an en suite and the other has a bathroom right outside the bedroom door. That one also has a door leading out to a small internal courtyard where you'll find a washing machine; very useful if you've been on the road for a while.
I found the beds to be comfortable.
There were drawers in my bathroom which provided a place to store the toiletries bag. The shower cubicle was large enough and easy to work with. There was plenty of hot water, though as with a lot of Italy the pressure is less than you may be used to if from Australia or the US. There was nothing to complain about here.
The kitchen area is comfortably appointed with a full range of dinnerware, a table that was more than large enough for all 4 of us, stove (which we only used for boiling water; unfortunately we weren't there long enough to be cooking full meals on it), spacious refrigerator, dishwasher and dual bin garbage bin to allow recyclables to be separated.
(Incidentally, in Italy the practice is to use communal bins to dispose of household waste. The nearest ones to here were on the other side of the block, in Via Santa Caterina da Siena.)
The lounge room runs straight off the kitchen and has a two seater lounge and chair (so if there are four of you someone will be sitting at the dining table while you watch The A Team (yes, the original 80's version) dubbed into Italian on the flat screen TV.
The air conditioning controls were easy to operate and we found that it worked well.

In Conclusion
We enjoyed our stay here, short as it was. If I'm going to be in Firenze for any length of time on my next trip, this will certainly be at the top of my list for accommodation.

Lancaster, Ohio
Reviewed October 5, 2016 for a stay in August 2016

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: location was super convenient
Liked least: that stair climb after a day of walking and biking.
Traveling group: Spouse/Partner
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Management Response
Oct 8, 2016
Thanks for your nice review
Sandra H
“Well located and high quality”
Reviewed July 10, 2015 for a stay in July 2015

The apartment is located just across from the Santa Maria Novella station. I'm a 4.5 - 5 star girl and this apartment definitely has these qualities, beautifully presented. Centrally located and in walking distance to all major attractions. Eleonora met us at the apartment and was more than helpful in providing information on where to eat and places to see. Would be more than happy to rebook the apartment when next in Florence.

Traveling group: Extended Family
Management Response
Oct 8, 2016
Thanks!
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing