“Great italian gelatto”

State of Rio de Janeiro
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great italian gelatto”
Reviewed August 27, 2014 via mobile

I liked very much the gelatto - my favourite is Pistacchio and it was great. It was a very warm day, when the a/c was very much needed, but there was no where for us to seat - but afterall you're in Florence so who cares much !
The gelatto is very good and expensive, though.

Visited June 2014

• Turkish first
Long Grove, Illinois
“Bad attitude”
Reviewed August 26, 2014

We searched this place based on some critic's review.

I have been on Tripadvisor for over 10 years and never wrote a review but greatly appreciated all the great feedback for all our trips.

My family was was greatly offended by their service as we were just there 15 minutes ago. We ordered a 4 scoop for 5 euros and we had to bring the ticket to the gelato area. We have had excellent gelato service and great taste at Rome, Cinque Terre. They were both rated highly and both my children and my wife and I loved it.

This place stunk. For real.

Even though the lady at the cashier told us that we would get 4 scoops for 5 euros, the young lady had a uptight attitude that we should have only 3scoops . She was very determined on this. We spoke to the lady at the cashier and they spoke Italian between each other and just sort of laughed at us. I should have recorded this on my video and posted.

So I asked to get our 4 th scoop, the lady then with a spoon removed our 3rd scoop off so we could our next scoop which was not technically our 4th scoop. I just mentioned I would post on Tripadvisor and they said "whatever you wish" .

And the real issue was the gelato was average. Try the gelato Porche No in Florence, Cinque Terre Monterosso and near the Colliseum in Rome which was 100 times better. You will agree.

The critic review must be a family member. Vivaldi will probably respond we were wrong which every business does to make us look like we were making up something but you will agree if you try the other places like Porch No in Florence.

We have never had stuck up service in our whole life.

Visited August 2014
Utrecht, The Netherlands
“Best ice in town!”
Reviewed August 21, 2014 via mobile

My husband was working during our stay in firenze and i enjoyed myself by trying loads of icecream places. This was by far the best in town. I LOVE fruity ice so i can only vouch for those flavours. But they were amazing. The first time it took me a while to find the place and i actually had given up finding it that day when i stumbled across it. Big recommendation.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Best Florence Ice Cream”
Reviewed August 19, 2014

Wow, beat ice cream in Florence. The Vivoli brothers started making ice cream in 1932. There will be a line when it opens, just a stone throw on a small street from the Piazza Santa Croce, all you have to do is ask where the ice cream place is. Everyone knows. Be sure to know it is closed Monday's.

Visited August 2014
France
“Chocolate mousse ice-cream”
Reviewed August 19, 2014

My third time in Florence and it took me a while to find it; I did not remember the street neither the name but yes the place and little square.

I'm kind of picky and demanding about ice-cream and must say that the chocolate mousse ice-cream and the coffee mousse ice-cream were fantastic but, as I did not have enough I had a small "copetta" of raspberry ice-cream that still one of my best!

• Visited June 2014