“Boiled meat all over the place!”

Taverna Del Bronzino
Reserve with
Save up to 20% when you reserve online *
Taverna Del Bronzino is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #162 of 2,720 Restaurants in Florence
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: San Lorenzo
NYC
“Boiled meat all over the place!”
Reviewed November 28, 2012

So a friend who had recently been to Florence suggested this restaurant, which was the home of one of Bronzini's students apparently, Building was nothing special, composed of a number of different rooms. From where we were staying it was a hike to get there. Turns out that the locals wait impatiently for Mid-November and March when the restaurant hosts its special 'sausage fest' (my words). Not being a meat-eater this was a bit difficult for me to watch. It's a special 5 or so course menu featuring loads of pasta,soup, cold cut meats..and the special 3 types of sausage that they boil only at this time. The owner or manager goes directly to the farms to pick up this stuff..I never saw people eat as much as these dining neighbors did. And it appeared that they loved it. Our meals were fine.. I had some type of pasta and my husband had some pork dish I think. With some wine and coffees, our bill was not cheap.. 98 euros. Waiter was fabulous but very busy .

• Visited November 2012

• Greek first
Los Angeles
“outstanding experience”
Reviewed October 31, 2012

We enjoyed such an satisfying experience at La Taverna del Bronzino that we dined there twice during our recent visit to Florence. The expert staff of three handled the entire restaurant in a professional but warm manner; they were simply outstanding! An appetizer of lightly fried, slightly salty oysters with a small scoop of apple sorbet was a remarkable blend of unusual flavors. Who wouldda thought!?
In addition, I returned home with a new and much tastier recipe for limoncello! How generous to share this!
Thank you.
We'll definitely return on our next visit to Florence.

• Visited October 2012
Boston, Massachusetts
“As great last night, as it was ten years ago. A complete joy!”
Reviewed October 21, 2012

I ate here ten years ago with my husband. It was one of the best meals of our lives. I was thrilled to go again last night with my friends. It was just as wonderful as I remembered. The owner and all the wait staff were engaged in providing a superb meal in a romantic setting. We were there for four hours totally engaged in a really memorable night. It was the best meal in our two weeks in Italy. Bravo, bravo!

Visited October 2012
1 Thank Annie L
“best place in florence”
Reviewed October 17, 2012

the wait staff was simply outstandind!!! they helped us in deciding what to order. during our two weeks in italy, this is one of the places we will remember.

• Visited October 2012
Seattle, Washington
“Umberto, grazie for fantastic experience!”
Reviewed September 21, 2012

My boyfriend and I were in Florence just for a day, and thanks to TA found this fantastic place. We were severely under-dressed (shorts and t-shirts), but nobody made us feel any less welcomed. Bottle of house wine, relaxed atmosphere set the mood perfectly for a very pleasant evening. We had the best mozzarella and tomato appetizer, fresh and oh so good. I had ossobuco, which was absolutely delicious, and my boyfriend devoured their shrimp dish.
We couldn't resist deserts either...and they didn't disappoint either. Evening was finished with home-made limoncello, which was great and we took a bottle of it home.
Overall, great experience. Couldn't thank Umberto enough for his hospitality. And will be raising a shot of limoncello to him tonight in Seattle. Grazie mille!

• Visited September 2012