“Average service, good value”

Osteria Santo Spirito
Ranked #479 of 2,930 Restaurants in Florence
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Santo Spirito / San Frediano
Reviewed October 15, 2013

This local restaurant was recommended by our hotel. Whilst the food was reasonably good for the price, and the serves were substantial, the service was average (even by italian standards). We had a gnocchi with truffle oil and spaghetti with chilli, garlic and oil and a side salad. All were Tasty. We were served quite a bit after the tables around us despite having ordered at the same time, our beer order was wrong, and we never received side plates so we could enjoy the fresh bread and olive oil. All in all, reasonable food, but frustrating service!

Write a ReviewReviews (2,377)

Reviewed October 15, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I stumbled upon this place our first night in Florence. Gnocchi with truffle sauce? Yes, please!!! It was so good we came back another night for more gnocchi and the tortalucci in a walnut cream sauce. It's food fit for a Medici, per my husband. The bread comes out with an olive tamponade and they have an apple balsamic vinegar on the table that was delish!!! We got lucky both times with getting a table but they seem busy enough that you might want to reserve a table, especially if you want a table outside on the piazza.

Reviewed October 15, 2013

We ate here our first night in Florence and stopped in to make a reservation before exploring the city. Highly recommend doing so. The osteria is in a district populated by students so it fills up as the night goes on. Food was good, service ok, they made a mistake on my order and gave it to another table, however they did not charge us for it bc of the error. Worth a stop for dinner.

Reviewed October 14, 2013

Osteria Santo Spirito was my wife and I's favorite place to eat in Florence. The atmosphere, waitstaff and overall dining experience were just pretty good. But, the food was amazing! We loved it so much that we came back for a second dinner; and we only stayed in Florence for a few nights. We are the types that like to try different places whenever possible, so the fact that we went back is evidence of the great food. My wife had the Rigatoni Santo Spirito and I had the Spaghetti with Garlic, Oil and Chilli Pepper. Both of us had the same thing both times. It was seriously that good. The portions were huge and allowed you to leave full without any bread or dessert; although we had some bread and it was good as well. Wine recommendations by the waiter were perfect. We consider this to be the best find of our Italy trip and would definitely go back if we return to Florence.

Reviewed October 13, 2013

My first few days in Italy, I kept waiting to be impressed by the food. Then I came here. All the residents of Florence swear this is the best restaurant to go to and I was not disappointed. I was extremely impressed. It was my best meal in Italy. We even went back the next day. The gnocchi and the risotto are to die for!