“what massive portions!”

Osteria Santo Spirito
Ranked #248 of 2,712 Restaurants in Florence
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean
Good for: Families with children, Kids, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Santo Spirito / San Frediano
Oxford, United Kingdom
“what massive portions!”
Reviewed October 9, 2013

We had planned to go to another place round the corner but it was full; having had such a great (and filling!) meal at this lovely, buzzy osteria we agreed that that did not really matter. There were no tables free outside (on the Piazza) but we were found a place upstairs and although we were told we had to vacate in 90 minutes time (OK by us we thought) in the event we stayed much longer and no-one seemed to mind.
Huge portions with every dish, everything very fresh tasting and an extensive wine list. Would recommend you try it; we will go back, definitely.

1 Thank Rob W

• Turkish first
United States
“Mixed...”
Reviewed October 2, 2013

Ate here last year and enjoyed our meal so I returned while traveilng alone to Florence. I knew the portions were immense so ordered a half portion of homemade gnocchi with pomodoro sauce. So I was surprised when what was put in front of me was a bubbling mass of gnocchi drowning in some sort of cheese (and possible with truffles, I hate that smell). When I finally was able to catch the waitress' attention to ask here where my meal was, she shrugged and said that I couldn't order a half portion of gnocchi with tomato sauce so she gave me this instead. Which I thought was pretty strange--wouldn't you just tell the guest that and give them other options? At that point I sent it back and got pasta in pomodoro sauce instead, but she was clearly annoyed with me. Oh well!

San Francisco, California
“We were on our way to another but glad we went here”
Reviewed October 2, 2013

On our way to another spot but the rain was coming down and I knew this place was also good....we sat upstairs in a lively room and the open window made it very comfortable...young crowd and a very good wine list....nice young waiter and good service....I have never seen so many fresh clams on a Vongole....everyone's meals was great and we had a fun time in a nice area of the oltrarno ..the only place to stay in Firenze ..worth a go for sure ...

Bucharest, Romania
“it failed to impress me”
Reviewed September 25, 2013

Seeing the reviews here I expected more. We had a table for 6 inside and we were quite cramped. The service was not much, the waiter seemed quite overwhelmed. My picks (Florentine beef, spinach, Tiramisu) were average, plus they would not take my Visa chip card for the payment. The good part was the decent price. The above plus my share of two bottles of wine (the beef was also dived to 3, as it was a 1.2 kilo piece) - 25 euro.

“Go go go!”
Reviewed September 21, 2013 via mobile

The food here is fabulous, in a great location with cool staff and a small but really good wine list. Great place to spend a hot afternoon. Go!