“Big tasty food, busy but if youre not in a rush go for it!”

Osteria Santo Spirito
Ranked #461 of 2,909 Restaurants in Florence
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Santo Spirito / San Frediano
Reviewed August 5, 2013 via mobile

Meal was a real treat. Big portions with great ingredients. The walnut tortaccini was really good. Young staff who were rushed but friendly, this was on a monday so may be more than mildly frustrating later in the week. Overall would come back.

1  Thank bradhaz
Write a ReviewReviews (2,357)

Reviewed August 2, 2013

I visited this nice restaurant w/ my sister for dinner, all the staff was smart and fun w/ us! First of all I ate the crema di pomodoro, very fresh and tasteful, then the grilled vegetables w/ cheese and my sister had a risotto! Yummy! We didn't try the dessert because we were too full! Next time....

Reviewed August 2, 2013

Getting out of the tourist center is a must if you want a more authentic experience of Florence. Journey across the Arno to Piazza Santa Spirito and sit outside at this charming osteria, featuring fresh homemade pasta and flavorful meat dishes. There is a good wine list and the restaurant has nice wine glasses, which I appreciate. We had homemade spaghetti with tomato, basil and garlic, and went back another night to have it again! The steak was cooked perfectly and nicely, but lightly seasoned. A large salad of arugula, melon and prosciutto made my wife happy. A great choice for an authentic, and reasonably priced, Italian experience in Florence. The only caveat is that if it's hot, do not sit upstairs -- it is like a sauna up there. On a warm evening, make a reservation and specifically ask to be seated outside, or go for lunch when it's less busy, and enjoy people-watching on this lively piazza.

Reviewed August 1, 2013

Where do I start? It off-putting when you arrive as there is construction all around and they won't let 2 ppl sit at a 4-person table. But once you get past that, the salad was great, the Pasta with small tomatoes in white sauce was something my grandma used to make but the risotto was certainly to die for!! All chunks of pecorino and slices of baby zucchini. I never had such wonderful, delicate, yet rich risotto!! And the half-portion is very large for only about 6 euros! This is once place I will NEVER forget!

Reviewed July 27, 2013

Went to this restaurant on our first night in Florence. While the food was very good (my son especially loved the rabbit with tomato sauce and veggies) the restaurant is WAYY too noisy for a family meal - first floor plays loud music and the second floor is really echo and has very little space for everybody. Would go there again if I could get a spot outdoors on the terrace. Otherwise it is way too loud - headache not worth it. And service was quite slow.