“Nice atmosphere and great food”

Osteria Santo Spirito
Ranked #260 of 2,821 Restaurants in Florence
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Santo Spirito / San Frediano
Reviewed August 2, 2013

I visited this nice restaurant w/ my sister for dinner, all the staff was smart and fun w/ us! First of all I ate the crema di pomodoro, very fresh and tasteful, then the grilled vegetables w/ cheese and my sister had a risotto! Yummy! We didn't try the dessert because we were too full! Next time....

Reviewed August 2, 2013

Getting out of the tourist center is a must if you want a more authentic experience of Florence. Journey across the Arno to Piazza Santa Spirito and sit outside at this charming osteria, featuring fresh homemade pasta and flavorful meat dishes. There is a good wine list and the restaurant has nice wine glasses, which I appreciate. We had homemade spaghetti with tomato, basil and garlic, and went back another night to have it again! The steak was cooked perfectly and nicely, but lightly seasoned. A large salad of arugula, melon and prosciutto made my wife happy. A great choice for an authentic, and reasonably priced, Italian experience in Florence. The only caveat is that if it's hot, do not sit upstairs -- it is like a sauna up there. On a warm evening, make a reservation and specifically ask to be seated outside, or go for lunch when it's less busy, and enjoy people-watching on this lively piazza.

Reviewed August 1, 2013

Where do I start? It off-putting when you arrive as there is construction all around and they won't let 2 ppl sit at a 4-person table. But once you get past that, the salad was great, the Pasta with small tomatoes in white sauce was something my grandma used to make but the risotto was certainly to die for!! All chunks of pecorino and slices of baby zucchini. I never had such wonderful, delicate, yet rich risotto!! And the half-portion is very large for only about 6 euros! This is once place I will NEVER forget!

Reviewed July 27, 2013

Went to this restaurant on our first night in Florence. While the food was very good (my son especially loved the rabbit with tomato sauce and veggies) the restaurant is WAYY too noisy for a family meal - first floor plays loud music and the second floor is really echo and has very little space for everybody. Would go there again if I could get a spot outdoors on the terrace. Otherwise it is way too loud - headache not worth it. And service was quite slow.

Reviewed July 27, 2013

Saved this restaurant for the last night of our honeymoon and were underwhelmed by the food and dissapointed by the service.

Even though there were tables inside, we were made to sit outside - given this was February it was cold, despite the heaters. That in itself was nt an issue, however we waited over 20 minutes for a drink and a similar time to order. Due to this we ordered less than we would of and skipped a course.

The food was average. My stew was bland, although sausage and cheese plate rates as good. My wife's pasta dish again was average.

Lovely atmospheric location was let down by staff who either forgot about us or could nt cope with a half full restaurant.

Shame as we we so wanted to be able to rave about this place like others.