“Good food at reasonable price”

Osteria Cipolla Rossa
Ranked #394 of 2,850 Restaurants in Florence
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Neighborhood: San Lorenzo
Description: From monday to friday the hours are: 12.00-15.30/ 18.30-23.00 On saturday and sunday: 12.00-23.00
Reviewed October 22, 2013

We had two course dinner here as it was adjacent to our hotel (and a TripAdvisor recommendation). Prompt and friendly service at a cost of 86€ for two including a bottle of wine. Only downside (for my wife) was no fish on the menu.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,728)

Reviewed October 17, 2013

On a visit with a small group of 12 travelers with " Totally Tuscany Tours " to Florence, our great personal travel guide recommended this charming restaurant. I went ahead and preplanned our group's menu with the Chef, for our group. Our food was delicious, the service was great on a busy night. I would recommend a tasty meal here while visiting this magnificent city with so many good choices available.

Reviewed October 14, 2013 via mobile

This restaurant was close to our accommodation so we stopped by for dinner one night. Am so glad we did! Really enjoyed the food here, though I must admit they were a little heavy handed with the salt (however I found that was the case with many places we dined at, perhaps Italians love that extra flavour!). We had the stuffed rabbit, veal steak and spag bol and it was all delicious. The veal in particular was a standout. Very simply grilled with olive oil, salt, pepper and some onions - the natural goodness of the meat came through. Still dreaming about it. The diners were a mix of locals and tourists.

Reviewed October 7, 2013

Delicious leisurely lunch. I had Pici (hand rolled fat spaghetti) with a delicious porcini mushroom sauce. My husband had tender beef cubes cooked Sangiovese wine until it melted in the mouth. Our friendly and helpful waiter suggested a Chianti that was very reasonable and tasty and light enough to complement both dishes. Try this place between San Lorenzo and the Duomo. You won't be disappointed.

Reviewed October 6, 2013

This restaurant is on a little side street slightly away from the Medici Chapel. We stumbled upon it walking around and it looked quaint. They don't have an English menu outside, but we could figure out enough to see there were some good selections. The atmosphere was great. Small, long room with vaulted ceilings. Friendly, energetic, helpful staff. My wife's raviolli had the best sauce we've had in our week in Florence. My mortadella style 'sliced meat' and artichokes was excellent. The artichokes were the best I've ever had. Our main courses were quite substantial. My wife had rabbit and she must have had 1/2 of a rabbit that was well cooked and juicy. My pork dish was equally substantial and succulent. It came with a red onion relish that was quite acidic, a good compliment. Be warned, the pork is cooked medium rare to medium. If that is a concern to you make sure to say how you want it cooked.
With a reasonable bottle of wine a first and main course each, the bill was 81 Euros. Quite reasonable!