“Best sandwiches in Florence”
Review of I Fratellini

I Fratellini
Ranked #158 of 3,037 Restaurants in Florence
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Takeout
Neighborhood: San Giovanni
Description: DUE FRATELLINI was born in 1875 in the historical center of Florence. Since then, it has maintained the old tradition of preparing sandwiches , with top-quality Tuscan products combined with an excellent glass of wine. it's the proverbial hole-in-the-wall, a doorway about six feet deep with rows of wine bottles against the back wall behind the counter. The name means “little brothers” and behind the counter you will always find two guys . This hole-in-the-wall has been in business since 1875 , and since then continues this incredible family tradition". The ingredients of our sandwiches and our wines come from "small " Tuscan producers who share our passion and love for quality. Our winery has a history and traditions that have been passed on since 1875, we try to carry it on selecting the best products, such as Tuscan Ham, the "Finocchiona", Wild Boar Salami , Cured pork back fat , Pecorino "Cheese" or the one with truffle , GreenSauce, tuscan Roast pig and of course Tuscan bread.
Reviewed May 3, 2013

Wow, these are some great, inexpensive sandwiches. Grab a wine shot and sit on the curb while you enjoy a prosciutto and truffle sauce sandwich, which is easily the best one on the menu!

Date of visit: July 2012
Write a reviewReviews (2,770)

Reviewed April 30, 2013

Everyone in Florence raves about i fratellini, so I had to try it. The lines may be daunting, but it goes by very quickly, and the brothers are extremely friendly and speak English well. There is no place to sit, so just grab your panino & vino and a spot on the sidewalk. I got a panino & glass of wine for 3.80 euro, it's extremely cheap and such great quality. It's the perfect pick me up for any time of the day! definitely check it out!

Date of visit: April 2013
Reviewed April 12, 2013

This is a great sandwich place to stop at! A lot of the locals stop for lunch so there's likely to be a line. They have quite the sandwich list and you can order a glass of wine too! It's more of a stand-and-go place, so there aren't any tables. Most people gather on the curb. I would go practically every day on my way to class.

Date of visit: May 2012
Reviewed April 10, 2013

Whenever I have guests come to visit me in Florence and we do the tour of the sights together, no matter what time of day it is, I always take them here. A small glass of wine that costs a Euro and a little panino filled with a myriad of choices is just the perfect antidote for tired feet. There is often a queue, but the brothers are so fast, that it soon passes. How they do what they do in the tiniest space you have ever seen I have no idea! By the way, it's so good that if I'm on my own in the centre I often go there to spoil myself!

Date of visit: October 2012
Reviewed March 20, 2013

This is the best place to go to grab a quick something to eat.....a little hole in the wall. The two brothers will make you anything you like and always on a warm bun. Grab a glass of wine and just stand in front of the place....my favorite is the porchetta. Definately cheap and cheerful

Date of visit: January 2013